pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 07:10:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Other IT certifications
| |-+  CISSP
| | |-+  Buy the book now or later?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Buy the book now or later?  (Read 2923 times)
ceeto

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2005, 11:46:24 PM »

So I have been thinking about taking the CISSP and I want to buy the CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, Second Edition by Shon....However, now I see that a third edition is due in a month or so.....would it be wiser to wait and get the third edition, does the test change that often over the years? Or would getting the Second edition now still be ok if I plan to take the test within this year?

Any advice would be appreciated...

Thanks,
DC
em_ar_ducks

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 01:54:09 AM »

When you say you intend to take the test within a year, what does that mean exactly?

You need to read multiple resources to be successful. There is no reason that you shouldn't be able to get almost as much out of the 2nd edition as you would the 3rd.

This is not a test that you can study one book and succeed. Almost all books cover the material at the same level. I studied for almost 3 months, and that is with enough years of experience that 4 of the 10 domains were easy, its the other six that I struggled with.

If you are normally a techie, you will likely find it is the same for you as well.

Good Luck
jazzyd13

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 03:28:49 AM »

Originally posted by ceeto
So I have been thinking about taking the CISSP and I want to buy the CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, Second Edition by Shon....However, now I see that a third edition is due in a month or so.....would it be wiser to wait and get the third edition, does the test change that often over the years? Or would getting the Second edition now still be ok if I plan to take the test within this year?

Any advice would be appreciated...

Thanks,
DC

DC,
FWIW, the third edition was suppose to have been out on the shelves already. But I did some checking about 10 days ago. It has yet to be released. Don't quote me but I think the publisher is flaunting a September date. I purchased the 2nd edition.

There is a difference between the two editions.  The second edition focuses solely on the CISSP. The third edition has chapter for the ISSEP and based on what I could see from the table of contents, either the print got smaller or the information condensed.

I also have the Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP Exam. It is from ISC and the basis of the sample questions show it. My buddy has been using the Harris book. I showed him the ISC book. His response, "D@mn these questions are &(#$_#@*$# hard!"

In comparison, I like the test engine for both books. However, Harris' book pumps more practice questions at you.

I have been working in the field for a long time and have the benefit of a lot of job-related training that parallel's CISSP. So don't say this year for the test and then decide in November you want to take it in 2-4 weeks.

Much Luck to You!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 03:43:04 AM by jazzyd13 » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: