pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 01:26:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCDST
| | |-+  MS exams moving to practical assessment.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MS exams moving to practical assessment.  (Read 1026 times)
jayesser

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2005, 09:14:14 AM »

I read in this forum

http://www.petri.co.il/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2747

that MS are going to be moving towards a more practical assesment of skills for their exams. Personally i think this is a good idea. When i attended the MCSE course at Smarttrack UK we had a practical assessment for the 1st module (PC networking)and you had to pass it before moving onto the rest of the MCSE modules.  I SHOT through it. I just find when u r in a real situation logic dictates and u have the actual tools to solve the scenario.

I think the MS exams should be more like this. I mean other certifications are done like this eg later CISCO exams and Linux.

I have always doubted the effectiveness of measuring IT competence merely by using multiple choice. It just doesnt feel effective to me. Practical assessment would reduce even further - "paper MCSE's" Also i do find some questions are so ambiguous and contractictory. So surely its a good thing?

Admittedly I find practicle assessments easier than multiple choice so maybe im biased. I think MS intend to keep some element of multiple choice.

Posted here as Im hoping to take 70-271 soon.
I have just set up a virtual domain on my notebook using VM Ware. The 271 questions are mainly about XP in a domain rather than stand alone. Also means i can run my network anywhere i like. I know its only virtual but i need to practice when Im away from my home pc setupIt was impossible to set up on Virtual pc but then maybe thats my lack of know how. It was actually harder to set up a virtaul network than it is a physical network.

I am using just about evey source i can lay my hands on and afford like i always do.

Forums
Measure up practice questions
Possibly troytec
MS study Guide
Exam cram
My MCSE books
Win XP resource Kit
Technet
The internet in general
Practical experience
Resources from other exams i have done.

This may sound over the top but in doing so Im preparing for the MCSE and I always do more work than needed so that the exam is easier than it would otherwise be!

Anyway hope this post is useful to those reading it.

A question is only easy if you know the answer.

Treasure what you have in life because tomorrow you could lose it
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: