pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 07:16:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-219
| | | |-+  Scheduled 70-219 for 21DEC
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Scheduled 70-219 for 21DEC  (Read 4922 times)
examnotes_jmh

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2004, 04:49:07 PM »

I figured if I didn't soon I may never push myself into it.

Let the countdown begin...

"The pursuit of perfection is frustrating and a waste of time. The pursuit of excellence is comendable and worthwhile.
Therefore, strive for excellence, not perfection."
-Alan Kulwicki
1992 Winston Cup Champion
stevenkok
Techie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 07:32:25 PM »

I wish you all the best. This 219 exam is actually my last one as well. I hope to get it out of the way next week..

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius (c.551-c.479 BC)
examnotes_jmh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 05:44:30 PM »

My day started off getting to the test site 20 minutes early. There was one other tester there for a MCDBA test sometime before mine and he was waiting. Not good. The test site was having trouble downloading the tests from Thomson Prometric. After screwing around for 45 minutes they had me call Thomson to try and cancel my test, get a refund and reschedule with VUE, because they do their tests as well. Since it was after my scheduled time to take the test Thomson pretty much told me to piss off. I scheduled with VUE anyway and took the test. Found out afterwards I'll be getting the $$ back from Thomson.

On the plus side, they give you credit for your correct answers, even if the whole question isn't correct. On the minus side I didn't get enough of them.
4 testlets 8-10 questions each. Very cryptic I thought. The questions are based on the design they did for the case, but you don't know what that is. If your design isn't the same and you answer questions that way, your wrong.
The other tests give you the design and you have to say if it works or not. I found it very hard to pull the data out of the case studies. I knew it would be tough, but tougher to do it than I thought, I guess.

"The pursuit of perfection is frustrating and a waste of time. The pursuit of excellence is comendable and worthwhile.
-Alan Kulwicki
mytmo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 04:13:48 PM »

I just started on this one today, its my last. Hope to schedule it at the end of this month. What are you using for study guide?
examnotes_jmh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 09:28:04 PM »

I went through the full Testout 219 CBT and practice exams. I've used them on 210,215,216 and 217 as well. Also went over CBT Nuggets, read through Technet Win2000 resource kit infrastructure section chapters 9 & 10 as suggested by someone on this forum, and flipped through the Exam Cram book for 219. I didn't go through all it's step by steps. Also went through most of an MSPress book in a class I had taken in college.

The clients I work with are small businesses with no need for multiple domains let alone forests. I thought I had a pretty good grip on the foundation of it, but couldn't quite put the pieces of the case study together. I know that's what killed me.

Testout has a guarantee if you pass 2 of their "tests" and fail the MS test they will reimburse you, but we bought the whole cert bundle over a year ago and now that I need to redeem the guarantee I see it's only good for a year from purchase. Still trying to weasel the $125 out of them anyway.

-Joel

Originally posted by mytmo
I just started on this one today, its my last. Hope to schedule it at the end of this month. What are you using for study guide?

-Alan Kulwicki
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: