pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 10:12:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  epson c80 quit printing
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: epson c80 quit printing  (Read 1586 times)
yanqui
still here...

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2005, 05:53:07 PM »

I have an Epson Stylus C80 which has been great for my purposes.  It has quit printing, and my error message from Word 97 is:

There is an error found in printing to LPT1 [or to Epson, etc, can't remember which]

I am running W2k SP4 with updated drivers, as of this morning.  I have uninstalled both the printer and the drivers and reinstalled.  I have fully disconnected everything and removed power to the printer, and reconnected.  I have run the troubleshooter at Epson's site, in W2k Help, and in the printer utility.  I cannot print a test page from the W2K Help or from the printer utility and I cannot print from a command line.  The power light is on constant, no ink or paper lights on.  LPT1 shows good in Device Manager, no visible damage to parallel cable. Did not try a different cable.  

George, you're aces with hardware; am I looking at a service call?  Is this somehting I can try myself (preferred method--new learning activity)?

Can't think of anything I've forgotten to tell you I've tried.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 05:58:33 PM by yanqui » Logged

still here...
nobby67

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 07:11:04 PM »

Try printing test page directly from printer, not connected to PC. Usually hold down button on printer for 5 secs or so or combination of buttons. Not all print can do this jus a thought.
if it prints then you know it is more or likely software prob. Dose C80 have USB try that plus speeds are quicker than Parallel.

got the learning bug not bad for carpenter:
nobby67

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 07:25:28 PM »

Do this to print test page to print diectly from printer.Oh disconect cable from PC.
Hold down the  paper button and press the  power button to turn on the printer. Then, release only the  power button. When the printer starts the operation check, release the  paper button.

got the learning bug not bad for carpenter:
yanqui
still here...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 07:27:20 PM »

I'll try that.  Epson's self-help stuff *hoovers!*

still here...
curiousgeorge
learn through asking

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 07:24:37 PM »

yanqui,

You did all the right steps. You can try installing it on another machine. That will tell you if it's the printer or the computer. If it does work on another machine, try using a different driver (i.e. PCL 5 instead of PCL 6)

There also may be some stuff still in the registry that needs to be removed. This came from Microsoft:

To completely remove the printers you may have to edit the registry.

Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.1. Start Registry Editor.
2. Locate the Printers value under the following key in the registry:
KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers  
3. Remove the printers that are installed under this key. For example, remove the following key for a Generic Text/Only printer:
KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\Generic / Text Only  
4. Follow the instructions in the "Error Messages Typically Caused by Local Port Monitor Problems" section of this article.
5. Quit Registry Editor.
After you do this, reinstall the drivers for your printer.

Hope that helps.

MCSA Charter Member
MCSE Early Achiever
Server+
Dell certified
HP certified
yanqui
still here...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 07:28:21 PM »

Actually, George, as much as I would appreciate a well-earned attaboy from a knowledgable person like yourself, I screwed up on this one.  I did the steps in teh wrong order.  The last thing I tried should have been the first thing I did; the cable was bad.

still here...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: