pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 09:12:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  Windows XP exams
| | |-+  Is the XP resource kit enough material to pass the 70-270??
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is the XP resource kit enough material to pass the 70-270??  (Read 2195 times)
Pez D Spencer

View Profile WWW
« on: May 29, 2005, 07:44:40 AM »

I was just wondering how many people think that if reading the entire XP resource kit is enough information to pass the 70-270.

I have a few ebooks for the 70-270 from Sybex and others but I get tired of long winded and wrong information that I have noticed in so many other certification books.

It seems to me that the resource kit covers about everything as far as the OS goes but I wanna know what you think. I just figure that what better place to get info about XP than straight from Microsoft?

heres the link to it. http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prpt_pt7_lxdz.asp

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 07:49:11 AM by Pez D Spencer » Logged
aldoseri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 02:07:24 PM »

Well,

Depends what you're really after, Pez. Some additional letters after your name, or the actual skills to do the job.

I've found the best way to prepare for any exam is practical experience. No doubt you have a Windows XP machine, don't you? Start from there. I've been certified with Microsoft since Windows NT4.0, and if there's one thing they don't tell ya in their texts, it's all the real life problems you come across with their OSs.

A good example for what I'm saying is a quick search on the TechNet website. But in any case, this is what I suggest you do..

1. Read up on the stuff that you wanna take an exam for (reskit is good, but make sure it covers the competencies Microsoft requires)
2. Get a couple of machines up and running, play around with configurations and settings of XP
3. Get help from a Windows admin in "IntelliMirror" related stuff (remote installation, sysprep, etc.) because that's really important
4. Go back to studying after a couple of weeks of work and refresh your memory with the text books. Anything you don't understand, have missed out, or catch yourself trying to memorize word-for-word, then stop right there! Drop the book and go practice some more.
5. Finally, take some online assessments for the Microsoft Exams. They're good practice.

I have to stop myself now, good luck with your exam.

Tech Monster
dorutzu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 03:26:25 PM »

if you really want to pass i tell you that you should study hard.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 10:01:28 AM by ruscorp » Logged
aldoseri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 07:43:18 AM »

Heh... There ya go! just buy the answers from this guy, and while you're at it, shoot him in the foot for me.

Sad.

Tech Monster
dorutzu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 08:54:09 AM »

what do you mean by saing that shoot him in the foot for me?i don't understand you.  :mad:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: