pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 04:54:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  70-215
| | |-+  Unattended install problems
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Unattended install problems  (Read 2870 times)
tomcat1

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2005, 12:21:05 AM »

ok, well where to start. I am working through the MS2000 server training kit book. I have win2k server on one pc. Made an answer file with setup manager and setup manager created c:\win2000dist folder with the setup files in it along with the unattend.bat, unattend.txt, and unattend.udf files. On computer02 running win98se which is on the same network connected a drive letter by mapping H: to \\server01\win2000dist. I open a command prompt and type H:\unattend server02 (which is a name in my .udf file)and everything looks good. setup is looking for the files to load for awhile then comes up with error. "cant find specified .\unattend.udf" file. Now I just found  a caution in the text book that states if I have upgraded from win9x I might find that setup can't find the udf file. then open the unattend.txt on server01 and specify the full path. Where in the unattend.txt should I specify this? and shouldn't this entry be in the unattend.bat file?

thanks in advance. I know this is long.But I need to get past this and move on.

TC
tomcat1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 02:13:08 PM »

the H:\unattend server02 is suppose to start the .bat file which basicly has the winnt32 command and path to the .udf file which was created by setup manager.

I did try H:winnt32 /s:\\server01\win2000dist /unattend:unattend.txt /udf:server02,unattend.udf substituting my path to the .udf file and source location ect. This is all in the .bat file, but it still could not find the .udf file. The file is there.
Is there something wrong with my .udf file? my syntex? Some sources put the /s: command at the begining of the command, some at the end, some leave it out completely. I don't think that matters does it?. anyways I just used the /unattend parameter and it worked but didn't use the .udf file so I had to change the computer name. I'll have to come back to this issue later.
bluhen99

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 10:30:08 PM »

back on the trail
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: