pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 09:15:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  Server 2003
| | |-+  291 raped me
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 291 raped me  (Read 1834 times)
Imran4sin

View Profile WWW
« on: May 12, 2005, 06:57:37 AM »

okay i will admit, i sat this last month and it was pretty fcked, My first cert that I failed :-( trust me the feeling is not good. Especially after the time i spent reading the book etc.

However, that made me realise that i had serious conceptual problems.

So i went back to the book, re read it carefuly (twice) + went through WindowsNetworking web site - they have good examples on DNS, RRAS etc.

Basically i fcked up the first time as I couldnt really practice any of these, its not something that you would deploy every now and then.

Sat it again today (thanks to the 2ndfree 2nd shot) and got it. It wasnt a great score but I got it and thats all that matters to me. In doing so, I actually understood the material even better. So i cant complain.

293 is next. I wonder if MS will have the 2nd shot offer later in the year :-) not that i wanna use it *cough*

Any tips for 293 books etc, I've used Syngress Study guide for both 290 and 291. Might swap to MSoft or not.

Question: Ive done 210, 290 and 291. So if I do 293 do I get MCSA 2003 ??

Thanks.

____
Imran.

Imran4sin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 11:56:59 PM »

Had a look at it.. its pretty good with snapshots... will definately be visiting it often.

Managed to get pdf for 293 by syngress, printing it as I go along.. the goal is to complete 1 chap per 2 weeks... see if I can keep this up though.
cheers.

____
Imran.

NT_Gawd
Another damn member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 09:26:53 PM »

Though it isn't proudly displayed on the http://www.microsoft.com/traincert website you can see for yourself using the links below. I found out when I called prometric to schedule my 296 exam that Microsoft had extended the offer.

"There are a few simple things you'll need to do by August 31, 2005, in order to take advantage of this special deal. Please review the offer details here before scheduling your exam."

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndshot/

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndshot/details.asp

Q: What is the time frame in which I must take my first exam and the retake of that same exam?

A: You must take the first exam between February 28 and August 31, 2005, and if you fail it, you may retake the same exam at no additional cost before September 30, 2005.

Just remember to reference the Second Shot offer when you schedule your exam with Prometric.

Cheers and get those exams scheduled!!

!~NT_Gawd~!
A+, NET+, I-NET+, Server+, CIW, CNA,
CCA, MCP NT/2K/2K3, MCSA 2K/2K3, MCSE NT/W2K, CCNA, CISSP

"What goes up must go down, ask any Systems Administrator"
mir92

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 06:23:08 AM »

Good Job on passing 291.

certified in: A+, Network+, AAS degree in Networking Administration

Working on: MCSA 2k
Imran4sin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 06:05:26 PM »

Cheers NT_Gawd and Mir92.

Ive booked for 293. Half way through the book. Most of it is simillar to 291 (so far).

____
Imran.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: