pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 07:40:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Programming Forum
| | |-+  html form question
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: html form question  (Read 1477 times)
gr33nd4yg1rl
invisible

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2005, 10:23:16 PM »

hello everyone.  i am making a website as a project for school and i am kinda stuck.  i made a form in html and i linked it to a shopping cart.  each item that's available to "purchase" by clicking a form button sends that item to the shopping cart.  my question is...is there a way to let users choose a quantity of products and have one buy now button on the bottom of the website that sends all the products to the cart at once?  i can't seem to find a way to let users send multiple items to the shopping cart at once.  only one type of item at a time can be sent to the cart.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 10:26:58 PM by gr33nd4yg1rl » Logged

If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you.
-Winnie the Pooh-
ChrisDfer
Certified Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 01:54:01 PM »

Do you have full control over the "shopping cart"? As in is it your code? Or do you have enough knowledge of the scripting language it is in to change it? Also are all the items on a single form? Or are there multiple pages with multiple forms?

Anyways if it is all on a single page and all the item within a single form then you can simply have some text boxes which allows the user to enter in the quantity. Then at the bottom you can add your submit button pointing to the script. Of course since you're changing the type of data being submitted you're gonna have to change how the server side script processes it.

For a more complex situation where you only want them to submit a form to the server once, but it's a huge multipage site. Then you'll most likely need to use some heavy client side scripting like Javascript.

I'm not a web development guru though so there may be a better way that I just don't know of.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 01:59:53 PM by ChrisDfer » Logged
gr33nd4yg1rl
invisible

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 12:17:02 PM »

thanks for your help.  the example you posted in the general forum really helped me.  thanks a lot!  Smiley

If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you.
-Winnie the Pooh-
ChrisDfer
Certified Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 11:55:51 PM »

Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: