pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 01:23:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Other IT certifications
| |-+  CISSP
| | |-+  Ccure Study Materials
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ccure Study Materials  (Read 4213 times)
ZAYEDNYC

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2005, 08:08:15 PM »

the ccure.org site has alot of study materials but some of the cissp cram sheets are from 2002. do u believe they are still useful? where do i find the new materials (technologies) that have been added to the cissp exam over the past year or so? if someone can help, thanks alot.
pixhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 02:08:18 PM »

pls don't rely solely the cccure... some questions there may be tougher, but may be outdated. It's good as a reference...

the new technologies that are obscure and not too common I suspect may be the 25 unscored questions.... make sure you know the outlines of the CBK at the end of the ISC2 orange book guide...
ZAYEDNYC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 02:26:30 PM »

what is cbk? whats the isc orange book? i just got the Shon Harris stuff
pixhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 02:44:20 PM »

CBK is the Common body of knowledge. it is accumulated from all the tech publications that's out there...

the orange book is the Official ISC2 guide to the CISSP exam. You can order this book from the ISC website

http://www.asestores.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ISC-AU1707&Category_Code=ISC-BOOKS&Store_Code=ISC2

Shon Harris is good, but does not cover everything..

I used The official guide, plus shon harris and KRutz. I just used harris and krutz as  references.... but mainly the Official guide as first line of study...

here's my review:
Official guide --> like reading an encycropedia, will put you to sleep, but will cover materials in the exam.

Shon --> easy reading, may not give you more detail

Krutz, more like outlines for you, but direct on the points, but does miss some details....

I passed it by:
1) summarizing the Official book 2 months prior to attending the ISC2-sponsored bootcamp. writing copious notes.... which turned out to be around 200 pages..

2) bootcamp focused your energy on topics most relevant to exam...

NOTE: w/out prior to studying, and just attending the bootcamp will not make you pass. There were a few that failed with the expectation that the bootcamp will do its magic...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: