pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 11:28:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCDST
| | |-+  mirrored disk question
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: mirrored disk question  (Read 1683 times)
larry64

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2005, 05:02:51 PM »

i was going through the measureup objective review and got a question about someone wanting to mirror the disks in xp pro.

i picked the answer that basically said fault tolerant volumes are not supported on xp. the answer they said was correct was that he could use mirroring on xp if they were upgraded to dynamic disks. as far as i can tell, dynamic disks are either simple, spanned and striped volumes . am i missing something here?
jmcuellar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 04:22:59 PM »

You can only mirror disks on dynamic volumes.

What next?
larry64

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 06:26:46 PM »

what i'm confused about is that it says xp doesn't support fault tolerant volumes, isn't that what mirroring is?

i read the microsoft kb and if i read it right, the mirrored volume is located on a remote pc running w2k server, so it can be mirrored, but not locally right?
Buckeye Baker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 10:04:43 AM »

Microsoft TechNet:

'Mirrored volumes are available on all computers running Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2000 Datacenter Server, and . Mirrored volumes are not available on computers running Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, or Windows XP 64-Bit Edition. You can, however, use a computer running Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP Professional to create mirrored volumes on a remote computer running Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2000 Datacenter Server.'
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: