pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 04:56:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  Dead motherboard?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dead motherboard?  (Read 3583 times)
Joelacrane
Stupid Member

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2005, 02:30:08 PM »

My brother gave me his Asus a7nbx-e deluxe motherboard a few months back along with 256mb of ram and a Radeon 9200 videocard. I have not had a case to put it in, but i finally had the $ to buy one!

Last night i put the motherbaord in, ram, processor (An AMD Athlon 1ghz, hard drive and video card. Basically just bare minimum. Well, i turned it all on and...

The screen doesn't come on. The hard drive just spins up and thinks for a second, and then just sits there.

So then i cleared the Bios settings. Powered it back on and i got a nice pretty Asus welcome screen along with a new processor error. I went into the bios to look around, i remember seeing the temp of the proc was 47/100something. I then exited and as it was rebooting itself, it locked up.

I turned it off, powered it back on, black screen again. Ive tried everything i can think of, i cannot get it to boot back up! whats going on?! :eek: :confused: :mad: Sad
Joelacrane
Stupid Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 10:24:23 PM »

Ok, i think i know what the problem is. I think my bios chip is fried. Now, how can i reflash it without having anohter mobo...
metroidboy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 09:23:43 PM »

I had this problem too. I reconnect a spare mobo only to find out I couldn't see any video output. I heard the hard drive spinning. :confused: I figured its a bad chip somewhere on the mobo. To double-check: make sure you connected all the wires to the right pins, you can usually get a diagram on the website. If all else fails you have a bad mobo/chip/etc, the only thing left to do is buy a new mobo that is compatible with your currents memory. You can find one cheap with a rebate.

(p.s) you might wanna check the processor and monitor your using. In my case I double-checked both.
Joelacrane
Stupid Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 11:32:50 PM »

I orderd a new bios chip a few days ago, 25 dollars after shipping. i will let you know if it solves the problem!
metroidboy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 01:50:59 AM »

Alright, I hope it works. Smiley
ChrisDfer
Certified Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 07:13:06 PM »

you may need to contact an expert computer technician to further assist you with
the issue. Your computer manufacturer may be able to help you too.
Joelacrane
Stupid Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 11:27:28 PM »

You didn't read the post very well did you?

This is a CUSTOM computer. I am building it. There is no "computer manufacturer". I did call Asus, they just wanted me to RMA it, i dont want to.

I still have not received the BIOS chip, it should be here soon.
ChrisDfer
Certified Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 01:39:43 AM »

Originally posted by Joelacrane
You didn't read the post very well did you?

This is a CUSTOM computer. I am building it. There is no "computer manufacturer". I did call Asus, they just wanted me to RMA it, i dont want to.

I still have not received the BIOS chip, it should be here soon.

Did you try contacting a expert computer technician? You might also consider contacting your computer manufacturer so they can give you expert advice. And if all else fails call AOL tech support.
Joelacrane
Stupid Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 04:10:12 AM »

what?! aol tech support?! I just told you, i called Asus, they are experts.
acruth7284

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 09:32:07 AM »

Long story Joel, check the Long but Funny thread on the  General discussion forum. That will help explain Chris's "advice". Hopefully the new chip does it, I haven't seen a problem like this since I fried a processor at school. :rolleyes:
metroidboy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 04:55:47 AM »

"what?! aol tech support?!" LMAO Cheesy
Please keep us updated.
Joelacrane
Stupid Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2005, 03:03:29 PM »

Well, FedEX screwed up and delivered the package to MY DADS OFFICE of all places! And then he never told me about it and left it in his car for serveral days!

So i FINALLY got it last night, popped the chip in, fired it up and...

nothing. just nothing. I have never felt so defeated. So now i have to find another motherboard. Just watch, next, my videocard will fry.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: