pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 10:32:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCDST
| | |-+  study resources?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: study resources?  (Read 1458 times)
wgg

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2005, 08:34:36 AM »

Planning on starting preperation for the mcdst exams and was wondering what the best study material/book is.
Suggestions?
Any books available in Australia?(not a fan of online shopping)
yanqui
still here...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 02:37:53 PM »

Try wandering into a bookstore and finding the technical section.

Actually, if you go to the microsoft site, they'll tell you what you need to know how to do in order to pass the tests.  (yes, there are two of them.)

If you use XP, you'll be able to figure out how to do these things by using any XP reference book with more than 30 pages and without the word "dummies" in the title.  I have one called the Ultimate Windows XP Reference Guide that tells about everything from pre-installation checks to troubleshooting your internet connection.  Can't remember the authors, but it's really good!  YOu should be able to find it at any large chain bookstore, if you don't want to shop online.  (btw, why do you not like online shopping?  I LOVE it--saves me tons of time.)

still here...
hwg103

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 04:06:33 AM »

I used the Sybex guide, but it lacked the coverage needed to pass the exam.  If you compare the Sybex book to the exam outline, you'll find that Sybex does not cover XP Home.

Yes I passed both but I had 3 years hands on with XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: