pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 05:31:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  CompTIA
| |-+  Server +
| | |-+  Recommendation
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recommendation  (Read 2509 times)
acruth7284

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2005, 06:19:12 PM »

Thus far I have been sticking with CompTIA  to get my computer basics down, i.e. A+, N+, I-Net+, Linux+ and Security+(pending). So far I have found them very beneficial as to getting me introduced to these fields. My next stop, after Security+, is the wide world of servers. What I am wondeirng is if it would be more beneficial to start with a non-vender specific certification like Server+ or if it would be better to just try to nail a vendor specific certification like MCP/MCSE/MCSA? I am a college student right now who has yet to get into the real world working experiences yet, and I am studying towards the direction of Network technician/admin. Any advice you can offer would help greatly.

P.S.
Yes, I am aware that the objectives are about to change for Server+.
baka_baka
Hadoken!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 06:50:15 PM »

I was asking myself the same question not too long ago. I was planning on taking the server+ exam but came to the realization that it probably won't mean much unless I have more experience. Experience isn't as much of an issue in entry level certifications but more advanced certifications like MCSE, Sec+ and Server+  are meant to be taken by pepple with a moderate grip on the topics. While it is possible to pass the exams with little or no experience, you have to ask yourself just what value they would have on your resume. I don't think too many employers would hire an admin with no experience.
acruth7284

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 04:44:49 AM »

Well Security+ is no brainer, since it is part of the school curriculum and I am taking it to be able to skip a class. As for the rest, I think you may be right. Granted I may take a look at the material, just to get a feel of what to expect, but it is definitely time to get some hands on. Anyone know any good entry level jobs in NW OH or SE MI? LOL. Guess I just need to wrap up my associates and then try to find a job, cause monster.com is not producing anything w/out an associates.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: