pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 02:30:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCDST
| | |-+  Anyone pass 70-272 lately?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone pass 70-272 lately?  (Read 4273 times)
Storminator16
Currently in Middle East

View Profile WWW
« on: February 16, 2005, 05:27:08 PM »

The 4 co-workers on my team at work took a MCDST course mid January at the local training school.  Only one has sat the 70-272, and he has failed it twice.  He has taken Microsoft exams before (he's certified MCSA 2000) so he knows what to expect when taking a MS exam.  He did some checking around, and seems like many of the test takers he has spoken to have failed the test.  Has anyone heard recent horror stories or is the test that hard?

EDIT:  Edited my post.  He has failed the 70-272 twice, but passed the 70-271.  I need to proofread my posts better.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 06:54:59 PM by Storminator16 » Logged

darthw
Long Live Savatage!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 11:32:52 PM »

I took it in mid-January, and I passed it.  I used the Exam Cram as the only book, but also reviewed Readiness Review questions in the Microsoft Press book.  Plus I have several years experience supporting Outlook, IE, etc.  It didn't seem any more difficult than any other MS exams I've taken lately.
jradsta6

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 01:49:35 PM »

hey dayrth you want to sell your book to me my email is jared.r.staten@jeodnet.mil

The grass is greener on the other side because the yard is full of CRAP.
Grym

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 06:52:31 PM »

Took it on tuesday(15 feb 05), I went through the online course MS offers on the web site and that was about it, it was actually easier then the 2000 tests imo as the questions were more to the point. Unlike in the 2000 track where they were long and usually misleading.
darthw
Long Live Savatage!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 04:07:52 AM »

Jrad,

My company paid for the book, so it's being used by other techs and engineers to prepare, otherwise I would....
hwg103

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 05:42:07 PM »

When I took the exam I had to leave my MCSE mindset behind.
Some of the questions are Sys Admin related and Desktop tech's aren't usually responsible for them.
brianh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 10:04:56 PM »

Today I passed  Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System. My score was 784, the passing score is 700.  I prepared for the exam by using the following, Microoft Training kit MCDST, and I used Trancenders practice CBT, incidently Trancenders has greatly improve their test engine, you can set it up where the answers dont appear in the same place all the time.  Be aware of the IE configurations, understand if the question is asking about blocking cookies, you need to know the privacy tab is where you should do the modifications. Also, beaware of simple file sharing, if the user can only go the website by type the ip address instead of the url, know that this is DNS problem, or if the user is unable to go out the internet, know this is a gateway is. Off to study for 70-271.

:cool:
baka_baka
Hadoken!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 01:26:32 AM »

Congrats on the pass!

It probably won't take you very long to prepare for 271. There is a lot of crossover between the two exams. Best of luck Smiley
slypie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 09:27:47 AM »

Storminator the same thing happend to me the 70-271 exam was a breeze but I've failed 70-272 twice.  The problem I'm having is that there are some questions on there that have two answers that I feel are right.  I had a question where it says about someone opening a file on the network but it opens in read only does this mean:

1) someone else has the document open
2) the person doesn't have the right permissions for the file.

Is it just me or are both of these answers  right?
hwg103

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 10:11:16 AM »

If you open a file and you get a read only prompt, then someone else has the file open.
If you try to save the file and you get a read only error, that means you only have read perms on the
slypie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 01:06:14 PM »

cheers for that hwg103 much appreciated.  tbh I'm having a nightmare with 70-272 cause we use Lotus Notes for our email delivery system :mad: so I don't know a lot about exchange which this exam is heavily based on.
Storminator16
Currently in Middle East

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 12:05:59 PM »

Btw, my friend pass the exam with a 918 last week.  He bought the Exam Cram book for the exam and it helped him with some questions he was confused on (the could be 2 answers question).

hwg103

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2005, 12:12:01 PM »

I used the Sybex study guide.  It was good, not excellent though.  It gave a good overview of Windows XP Pro, but nothing on Windows XP home edition.
baka_baka
Hadoken!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2005, 11:14:08 PM »

I found the MS Press book to be all that's needed to pass the exam. As with all exam prep, it's best to go through the exercises on your own pc. Hands-on seems to be more important for exam 272 than 271.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: