pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 06:07:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCAD
| | |-+  Where to start?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where to start?  (Read 1606 times)
suprchgtnt13

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2005, 01:53:14 PM »

After 7 years in LAN support I've decided to move into application development, I've had some experience with VB6 and ASP writing scripts, updating intranet sites etc} After a couple month playing with .NET I've decided to go with C# .My questions is this... what the best way to truly grasp the information,   I'm more concerned with becoming a great  programmer and less concerned with obtaining the certification. I've snagged a couple "how-to" guides but have found all of them to be really light on the hardcore coding any recommendations?Thanks in advance/jhh

:confused:
neuralfx

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 10:51:42 PM »

Well, I would definitely read that introductory stuff and then you should try to find a good book on data structures and algorithms, like heaps, trees, hashtables, sorting algorithms, and stuff like that. That is kind of boring stuff but once you learn to do that most other programming tasks come easily. You should at least know what they are and how to write them mostly from scratch without using the built-in stuff that comes with languages like C# and VB.NET.

You don't need to spend an enormous amount of time learning all that as it is computer science type stuff but you should be familiar with it. Once you get the hang of the language just think up programs you think would be interesting to write and start trying to write them. That's really how you learn, is by writing a lot of code and throwing a lot of fits when your programs don't work. =)

-neural
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: