pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 03:25:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCDST
| | |-+  ASR Question
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ASR Question  (Read 1216 times)
justme05

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2004, 09:35:24 AM »

I have the MCDST study guide and i went to the index to look up info on ASR but couldnt find it in the index.

There is a KBA at MS but it doesnt answer the questions I need to know, such as discussing the file extensions associated with this service, and whether I need 2 partitions instead of one...I am assuming I need two but funny there's no mention of this.

Also, when I went to ASR wizard in xp pro i see 25,000 files to be backed up which would take about 500 floppies. I know Im missing some important how-to's here but I just cant find them.

So if it isnt in my study guide, or at the KBA's, where do I find it?
Buckeye Baker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 11:12:11 AM »

On the floppy disk, the ASR wizard saves only hard-disk configuration information, such as disk signatures, the partition table and volume data. ASR installs a simple installation of Windows and automatically starts to restore from backup using the backup ASR set created by the Automated System Recovery Preparation Wizard.

Since it installs the operating system, it needs a lot of files. A tape backup is recommended.

Additional information:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/default.mspx

Type in ASR
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: