pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 11:33:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  Help please.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help please.  (Read 1822 times)
badpapajj

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2004, 02:43:17 AM »

I have a Sony VAIO, about three years old, running XP Home, P4. I turn it on and get nothing on the monitor. I look at the power LED lights and the drive light turns on for around 10 seconds and turns off. The other(CPU) light flicks on when I power up and stays off. I don't hear anything working except the CPU and power supply fans, no other sounds, no beeps, no CPU sounds, nothing. Any ideas
curiousgeorge
learn through asking

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 11:26:39 AM »

If CPU and PS fans are running and you aren't getting any POST error beeps, I would guess it's your video card.

MCSA Charter Member
MCSE Early Achiever
Server+
Dell certified
HP certified
badpapajj

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 11:18:39 AM »

I have tried a brand new video card and nothing. I also changed the CMOS battery, checked every connection inside and outside for good connection, a different monitor, checked the power supply for voltage which is fine. I also took out the CPU and placed it back.
richworxs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 01:43:13 PM »

bad mobo.
99% of the time if your rig wont post, the mobo is dead. I would say check the power supply but sounds like you already did that.

=(
badpapajj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 11:22:16 PM »

I am getting a clickig sound that doesn't sound normal from the Power Supply when I press the power button. I am going to try a new Power Supply before I hit the Mobo. I was and still am hoping it isn't the mobo even though its easy to replace.
tallendale

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 04:17:31 AM »

have you tried reseating the video and then reseating the ram sticks?  i have had that happen, reseating my ram gave me a good boot.
badpapajj

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 12:23:57 PM »

Yup! Even took out the CPU. Tried without all peripherals and reconnected them too. Changed the video card. Changed monitor. Just waiting to get a power supply before I hit the mobo.
badpapajj

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2004, 03:30:37 PM »

Ok. Just went thru the whole box. Checked the power supply with one that works, same problem. Checked HD with one that works, same problem. I'm thinking Mobo.

Note: I tried the HD on another box that works fine and I got the POST but screen goes black afterwards, HD is spinning but no screen. Whats up with this? Could my HD be bad too?:confused:

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 02:59:36 PM »

u seem to have checked every thing on the Mb. bit i don't know if you have tested the CPU(processor) on an other pc? RAMS and like wise all the others. trying putin on the Mb a different CPU, it it doesn't work then forget about the board.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: