pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 09:54:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  70-217
| | |-+  Scheduled for 70-217 this weekend
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Scheduled for 70-217 this weekend  (Read 3540 times)
pattersonp

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2004, 11:41:13 PM »

Hello all

Well I'm nervous as usual and have my test scheduled for this weekend.  As far as studying I've read two books, the Sybex and New Riders.  I really like the New Riders format...great book.  I've done hands on as well on my P4 1.8 Ghz, 1.25 GB ram, and 240 GB HD using VMWare which I recommend to anyone.  Plus I used the Transcender too.

Anyway, I haven't taken a test in almost a year and I realize that 2000 certification is getting to be a thing of the past, but I want to complete it anyway.  I've have attained CNA 3.12 and 4.1,CNE 3.12, MCP, MCSE NT4, and MCSA 2000 in the past and one would think I should be use to this but I'm not.  I hope I pass, I've really studied hard and don't feel real comfortable with DNS, but am going to give it a go.  I'll let everyone know how I do on Sunday or Monday.

I passed 210 and 215 both on first attempt about a year ago and hope to do the same on 217.

Take care,

Paul
MCSE 2000 wannabe
pazza

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 07:06:43 PM »

Good luck Smiley

Looks like you have a good chance to pass, study by theory using books etc and then furthering your knowledge with practical labs.

Dont forget to post back let us know how ya went and pass on any tips for study etc.

Id better book in for this exam soon too :p
pazza

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 04:52:19 AM »

Weekend is all but over (well in AUS that is)
Did you pass?
pattersonp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 06:14:19 PM »

:eek: Well it is over with....I PASSED!!!!

I always come away feeling bad for some reason.  I guess I thought I'd pass it easily, but it was hard to me.

You need a 700 to pass and I got a 780.  I wish I had at least made an 800.  With transcenders I felt ready, but I guess I was only partially ready.

There were a lot of word questions.  A lot of reading.  Where Transcenders give some text and graphics too.  Microsoft had a lot of questions without graphics and you had to kind of follow along and retain that info.  They did have a lot of exibits too, but you have to open and close windows and go back and forth.  GRRR.

Anyway I'm happy it's out of the way and that my company will reimburse me for the exam. Yeah...

On to 70-216 I guess and who knows where from there.

Paul
pazza

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 06:41:18 PM »

congrats Wink
DaPunisher
Pasta Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 11:32:42 PM »

congratulations!

BestTests.com- New and improved forums!  Practice exams for A+, Network+ MCDST, MCSE, CCNA and more!