pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 11:29:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  CompTIA
| |-+  Server +
| | |-+  CBTs
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CBTs  (Read 3554 times)
CNA

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2004, 10:49:37 PM »

The information pertaining to Learnkey and TestOut was informative.
Has anyone tried ProTech Security+ in comparison to CBT Nuggets?
Thanks
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 08:59:32 PM »

sorry, I have never used their stuff. I have never heard of them either, which is not a good sign Wink

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
Fiber_Optix

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 08:43:31 PM »

I am using cbt nugget for my server+ preparation and its pretty good.  They are one of the vendors that Comptia lists as training partner on there site.  I have had some discrepencies with there video vs the Server+ Bible with cbt nugget winning out 90% of the time.  So for whatever thats worth to you.

Lata

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute and it feels like an hour, sit with a pretty girl for an hour and it feels like a minute.  Thats relativity!
BigBoogie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 07:33:43 PM »

I used nuggets for the A+ exam. Luckily I used more than one source, because they only covered like half the stuff on the test (enough to pass if your lucky). That being said, I still recommend using video training in your studies. I read the book before I watched the videos, and I found the videos really helped me learn things better than just reading over it. But as most people recommend, try not to rely on just one source of study.
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 07:35:30 PM »

Originally posted by Fiber_Optix
I am using cbt nugget for my server+ preparation and its pretty good.  They are one of the vendors that Comptia lists as training partner on there site.  I have had some discrepencies with there video vs the Server+ Bible with cbt nugget winning out 90% of the time.  So for whatever thats worth to you.

Lata

remember that more often than not, the "recommended vendors: are simply vendors who were willing to pay to be included on the site as a marketing device. Not saying that it is the case here, as I have no knowledge of this specific case, but something to keep in mind Smiley

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
hwg103

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 01:23:49 AM »

I used the MS press Server+ (SK0-001) book and researched the new topics on the web.
Overall it was not as difficult as MS exams, but it did make you think.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: