pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 02:26:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  70-218
| | |-+  Network Printer Issues HelP
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Network Printer Issues HelP  (Read 1887 times)
EN4CER

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2004, 02:54:24 PM »

Hello Gentlemen.

I administer a W2K domain (AD). Consists of a W2K domain controller, 100 W2K workstations and 2 network printers.

Several weeks ago one of the printers, a HP LaserJet 2200 DN, stops printing and became inaccessible via the network. I have tried patching it into other ports, but no luck. I attached it locally via a para cable to a workstation and it prints with no problems.

I have now changed the internal HP Jet direct 610N card, but still the same problem prevails....

The printer does not show up in AD, thus unable to install it. Printer is in accessible from any workstation.

Can anyone give me any pointers? Does these print server cards need configuring via a web based GUI?

Any assistance appreciated
em_ar_ducks

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 01:58:50 AM »

Definitely need to verify the settings, protocols, etc.

Is there a server actually managing output to the physical printer (other than the 610 card)?
aznluvsmc
Just a kid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 12:53:21 AM »

Most network printers will give a network configuration printout.  Check if you printer can do that so you can verify it has a correct IP address and other important information.
tonyskin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 11:38:47 AM »

Once you do the printer configuration print-out, usually by pressing the two buttons for three seconds, verify that the light is lit on the hub/switch.  Ping the IP address that the print-out shows.  If you can ping the printer's IP address, you can run an Add Printer Wizard and tell it not to detect the printer and let it know that the port is on a LAN at IP address x.x.x.x  You should then be able to install it.  If you wanted to publish it in Active Directory, I can not help you.  My server is too old to publish pre-Windows 2000 printers, and it will not let me do it by IP addresses.  Sorry.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: