pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 03:11:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Other IT certifications
| |-+  CISSP
| | |-+  Shon Harris DVD - Resell?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shon Harris DVD - Resell?  (Read 15140 times)
kaufmans

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2004, 01:30:26 PM »

Does anyone have a copy of the Shon Harris DVDs that they would consider selling?

Thanks
Steve
kaufmans

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 01:17:28 PM »

All,

I received a priviate email pointing out my lack of ethics in asking for a "copy" of the dvds. My intention was not clear. By using the word resell in my subject I thought it would be clear that I wanted to buy a used DVD or CD not a "copy". I would also be glad to "borrow" one from someone. I wanted to restate my request publicialy here as I think it is important.

Thanks
Steve
flightplan251

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 07:29:32 PM »

I recently passed the CISSP certification using the Shon Harris CBT DVD set.  I am willing to sell the like new set for only $300.00.  I also have the ISC2 official CISSP prep book as well.

If interested, please send me email: BornWithWings@hotmail.com
LogicalS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 12:33:58 PM »

Originally posted by flightplan251
I recently passed the CISSP certification using the Shon Harris CBT DVD set.  I am willing to sell the like new set for only $300.00.  I also have the ISC2 official CISSP prep book as well.

If interested, please send me email: BornWithWings@hotmail.com

You do realize that the purchase of The Shon Harris CISSP DVD's is Single User License agreement.
That re-sale of the product is prohibited and protected by law.
One should think before posting such a blatant disregard.
gat0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 01:54:28 PM »

wow, that's a pretty ballsy first post. CONGRATS!
cissptoday

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 09:20:07 PM »

Hello,
My name is David Harris and I am the VP of Logical Security and the "legal" IP owner of the Shon Harris CISSP curriculum. When you purchase the CBT set or Solution Set they are in fact a licensed material for one (1) person and can NOT be re-sold, copied, or "loaned" to anyone else. They are for your use and your use only. We provide a quality product for a reasonable price. We have had to have our legal dept get involved in the past however we try and avoid that if possible, but we will not hesitate to bring legal action against a seller or a buyer that is trying to obtain or sell a Shon Harris product without our permission. If you would like further information you may contact Kathy Conlon in our sales dept through our website at http://www.logicalsecurity.com
Thank you,
David Harris
Logical Security
TJLeeland

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 06:32:37 PM »

we will not hesitate to bring legal action against a seller or a buyer that is trying to obtain or sell a Shon Harris product without our permission.

The game industry has been trying to do the same for years, but without any luck; reselling of game and other software seems to be big business. And legal - so long as the original user removes all the software.

I'm no lawyer, but I don't think you can really stop someone from selling their book, CD, video, or software.

Don't be afraid of paper certs. Sure, they may get an interview - but if you can't prove to an employer that you know more than some pretender you have a lot more than paper certs to worry about!
TJLeeland

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 06:48:24 PM »

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-sale_doctrine. While it's not set in stone, it seems that if you own a physical package you can resell it as though it were a book or CD. There have been some decisions that conflict, but I'd say there is no absolute that you cannot resell this product:

District courts in California and Texas have issued decisions applying the doctrine of first sale for bundled computer software in Softman v. Adobe (2001) and Novell, Inc. v. CPU Distrib., Inc. (2000) even if the software contains a EULA prohibiting resale ... Specifically, the ruling decreed that software purchases be treated as sales transactions, rather than explicit license agreements. In other words, the court ruling argued that Californian consumers should have the same rights they would enjoy under existing copyright legislation when buying a CD or a book.

Don't be afraid of paper certs. Sure, they may get an interview - but if you can't prove to an employer that you know more than some pretender you have a lot more than paper certs to worry about!
prof.radwan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 08:27:46 PM »

i have Shon Harris DVD & boson video training &all in one cissp book all of this in 550$ only in this site to call me
Prof.radwan@gmail.com
prof.radwan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 04:49:06 AM »

i sell it now with 250$ only with shipmeant
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: