ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 08:12:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  CompTIA
| |-+  i-NET+
| | |-+  inet objectives and popularity
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: inet objectives and popularity  (Read 1843 times)
BOOOOZE
Some Guy

View Profile WWW
« on: September 29, 2004, 09:22:18 PM »

hey all.

havent been here for awhile, as i have been doing quite a bit of programming. but in the last few weeks i got my N+. I already had my A+, and i am looking for osmehting short and somewhat easy to write. i was gonna consider server+ but i want to wait for the new objectives, so im cosidering the i-net+.(which is why i am here)...wondering...
is it worth writing? because ive looked at the objectives, it seems easy, and i think i know quite a bit which would help me out. but the objectives(the only ones i could find) are 2001...are there going to be any new ones coming up? i checked comptia.org but couldnt find anything. any help greatly appreciated. thank you!:) ill be back:)

We're Drunk, really Drunk.
------------------------------
Customer: is it really that bad?
Support Line: Yes
Customer: Well when I take it back to the store, what do I tell them?
Support Line: Tell them your to stupid to own a computer.
baka_baka
Hadoken!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 02:56:55 AM »

It's very very easy. By the sounds of things you have some experience so you could probably walk in without studying and ace the exam. Even if you don't have a lot of experience its still pretty simple.

Is it worth it? Hmm, that's a hard one to answer. Some say yes, some say no. It’s not going to land you a big time job but it's not going to hurt having it on your resume either. I did it because it was something I was interested in and partially related to Net+ which I just finished.

The current exam actually came out on April 12, 2002. So it is getting kind of old but don't expect it to be updated anytime soon.

Good Luck in whatever you decide to do Smiley
BOOOOZE
Some Guy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 03:05:00 AM »

thanks man. I think i might as well go for it. ill check it out a bit more this weekend. Ill look a little more into it, and see if i actually do have the time to do it. Im gonna study it. Knowing my luck....:p

We're Drunk, really Drunk.
------------------------------
Customer: is it really that bad?
Support Line: Yes
Customer: Well when I take it back to the store, what do I tell them?
Support Line: Tell them your to stupid to own a computer.
baka_baka
Hadoken!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 03:11:20 AM »

No prob man. You might want to check out my recent "passed" thread. It has some useful tips and links to free (and good) study guides.
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 12:26:44 PM »

It is indeed an easy test. A word of warning, though... on my forum, there was a thread asking IT pros what the most useless cert they owned was... the consensus was this one.

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: