pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 07:57:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Other IT certifications
| |-+  CWNP
| | |-+  CWAP Success Story!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CWAP Success Story!  (Read 4466 times)
NovellRed

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2004, 06:20:24 PM »

Greetings all. I took and passed the CWAP test today, and boy was it HARD! I thought I had covered the material and had a good grasp on it, but this test showed me some new things and really made me THINK!

My impressions ‘«™‘«™. A lot of choose 2 or 3 correct answer type questions. A lot more packet trace screens and decodes than I expected. There were very few straight memorization type questions. (I‘«÷m sure learning all the Types and SubType‘«÷s codes isn‘«÷t going to hurt me but for this test it didn‘«÷t help me either) Almost every question required me to mentally go through several sets of packet exchanges to deduce the answer. Passing this test REQUIRES you to be able to mentally send packets from one entity to another as you test the parameters of the available answers.

How I prepared‘«™‘«™ I started with the IEEE 802.11 Designers Handbook and distilled each page down onto a 3X5 index card. These I used a flash cards to memorize specifics. I also got and studied the book 802.11 Wireless LAN Fundamentals by Pejman Roshan and Jonathan Leary. I then borrowed a beta courseware book from my coworker who had attended a beta class in Atlanta. While I was reading the materials I used the CWNP forums to get clarification and insight into hard to understand concepts. Many many thanks to Joel Barrett, Chris Hyde, meijin, and of course Devinator for their clear and concise explanations, keen insight and patience while attempting to educate me on the finer points of protocol analysis. I couldn‘«÷t have done it without you guys! Lastly I bought and used the practice tests form Planet3.

I am mentally exhausted and in bad need of a nap, I think I may sleep for a week.
genocyber

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 07:03:10 PM »

Congratulations on a job well done.
lseals

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 09:41:58 PM »

Congrats

24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?

Avoid hangovers, stay drunk!

icertify dot net

www.ComputerWorld.org
jknuckle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 06:43:53 AM »

How is the Planet3 study guide ?

I completed both CWNA & CWSP and I'm thinking about pursuing the CWAP.
npo3po
LOCK AND LOAD!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 09:16:08 PM »

CONGRATS, NovellRed, and thanks for helping me out during my cwna studies a little way back.

Amir

Back For The 1st Time.
pixhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 01:18:15 PM »

Hi, I'm new to this cert, not too familiar with it.

1) how useful is this cert in the market place? is this sought after by employers?

2) how long does this certification last for? 3 years, 2 years? Do you need to recertify?

3) is this a vendor-based or non-vendor-based cert?

Thanks...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: