pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 01:32:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  Monitor problem
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Monitor problem  (Read 1097 times)
badpapajj

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2004, 07:44:24 PM »

Brother has Sony vaio desktop, running XP Home. He came to me claiming his desktop is giving him problems. Before I got to it, he said now he gets nothing on his monitor. The first thing I did was check the connections, and indeed the pins in his plug were bent. They broke while attempting to straighten them (THEY WERE REALLY BAD). He claims they were like that and still worked. I then took my working monitor off this computer and connected it to his. I got the same problem, the monitor says "No signal."

I tried a new video card but I still don't get anything on the monitor. My monitor displays four squares when the PC is off, when I connect it to the Sony and power on, sometimes the colors of the squares change but thats it. Another thing is there is a light for the drive in the front of the Sony, when you power on, the light comes on but after a good 10 seconds it turns off and stays off.

I checked all connections and tightened all connectors, PCI hardware, RAM sticks, CPU fan working fine, all seems good except no monitor signal and drive light goes off. Any ideas out there?
curiousgeorge
learn through asking

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 12:11:46 AM »

If you checked the monitor and the video card, it's most likely the motherboard.

MCSA Charter Member
MCSE Early Achiever
Server+
Dell certified
HP certified
badpapajj

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 01:45:49 AM »

I was hoping I wouldn't get a response like that. Do you know of a good tool(diagnostic) to buy for my future use in the field, that gives the codes of problem PCs, even those that are dead or don't show a screen like mine, where to buy and price range?
sukl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 03:38:18 PM »

it culd posibly come from the  power supply. it either not providing sufficient voltage to all parts of the motherboard
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: