pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 01:52:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Programming Forum
| | |-+  the perpetual student needs mentor
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: the perpetual student needs mentor  (Read 2384 times)
yanqui
still here...

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2004, 04:58:19 PM »

I just got a new book on learning C++.  The author wrote the book by teaching a non-techie how to do programming in C++.  The result is not that the student is now a professional programmer, but that the student can now do programming in C++.  That is wehre I'm starting.  The author recommends finding a mentor and another student to learn with.  Anyone interested in either post?

I'm hoping with this that I can finally grasp the fundamentals of OOP so I can learn Java.  I've tried both C++ and Java before, but have yet to get beyond the introduction.  I'm going to do it, eventually.  Who's up for it?

still here...
sacredcowpaddy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 06:36:53 PM »

Sure.

Sacred Cows Make The Best Hamburgers
sandy7000

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 01:58:49 AM »

I took C++ about 1 1/2 yrs. ago.  What can I do to help?  (I'm not an expert, by any stretch.)
sandy7000

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 02:02:38 AM »

I just thought of a link to a teacher who has incredible notes/experience.

If you go to his instructor notes via Programming Logic & Beginning C++, they're well laid out & may be very helpful.
yanqui
still here...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 10:48:26 AM »

Thanks--I'll look into it.  So far I haven't encountered any problems, but it's been several days since I've been able to open the books.  It's good to know there are folks out there who are available to help.  I'm wading into unfamiliar waters here, and I'm determined to do it, so I'll probably be calling on you in the future.

still here...
yanqui
still here...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 10:58:07 AM »

OUTSTANDING SITE!  THANKS FOR THE LINK.

still here...
sandy7000

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 03:06:46 PM »

He'll probably wonder why he's getting all those hits to his home page!  He's a good guy, so he'll probably be thrilled.  He keeps getting nominated for all sorts of teaching awards.

ANYway, good luck in your studies.  CPP (C++) is actually kind of fun.  The hardest part is when you have 125 errors in your script, & you find out 3 days later, it was due to a missing semi-colon.  Oh, that is so aggravating!:mad:

MS Virtual studio is the SW to create programs if you don't already have it.  Mine came as an academic pkg. through the school so it was only $25.

Thanks for your attitude.  It's nice to be around.

Later,
Sandy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: