pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 09:12:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  CompTIA
| |-+  i-NET+
| | |-+  INet+
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: INet+  (Read 4894 times)
EllenD2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2004, 05:22:04 PM »

i-net+ is equivalent to the first
Foundations exam for the 2 exams
required for CIW Professional.
After you pass inet+, you will be
a CIW Associate.
(Then you'll know whether you're being
attacked by spyware and adware - the
ports involved, which you can see with "netstat -a" run at the command prompt with "command" first. But it'll take you a while to figure out what programs or .dlls
they are using. Using programs like
"Spyhunter" by Enigma Software Group and "Ad-aware" by Lavasoft will help.)

This is what I'm currently dealing with. Glad it is not on a network.
aznluvsmc
Just a kid

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2004, 05:46:31 PM »

My suggestion is to focus on something more.  i-Net+ is a waste of money in my opinion after taking it for myself.  I thought it was very basic to the point that if you didn't know this before studying for this exam, then you are in trouble.  

Basic questions like what is the purpose of DNS and what are the top level domains don't say much for a person's knowledge of networking/Internet.  

Save your time and money and focus on getting an MCSE or CCNA.  I think even going for the wireless certs is a better choice but I haven't taken one so I don't know for sure.  

I think the only CompTIA certifications that hold any ground are A+, Network+, Server+ and Security+.
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2004, 12:31:01 AM »

heck, if your job pays for your certs, take the i-Net+... otherwise, make sure before you invest the time and money into it that it is really going to help you in your professional endeavor...

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
loneferret

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2004, 10:25:50 AM »

Originally posted by freak
heck, if your job pays for your certs, take the i-Net+...

LOL
Well, I'm going for this cert for a couple of reasons.
1. I'm a student, so I'm allready in the "studying" mode (Studying Programming & Networking in Montreal). So passing the test shouldn't be too hard (never know tho, stuff happens). So this cert. will only add to the diploma I'll be getting. No bad there.

2.The school pays for any and all certifications (regardless of what they are) that I pass. So why not. They paid for my Network+ and Linux+ allready.

Now having said this, why am I not going for bigger things, like CCNA and the like... I'm a student, I still have classes to study for Smiley

My opinion on the subject: Get any certifications you can if you can afford it, even entry level certs.(if you are at the entry level of course). Once you've moved on in life, and gotten to bigger and better things...just don't mention the entry level certs on your resume (too much is like not enough)... does this make sense?

Loneferret

Not knowing what to do with ones life is normal, not doing anything is not.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: