pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 06:16:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  Windows XP exams
| | |-+  Braindump thoughts anyone?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Braindump thoughts anyone?  (Read 15514 times)
GQJordy

View Profile WWW
« on: June 08, 2004, 03:03:14 PM »

What do you guys think of using brain dumps for preping for an MCSE exam?  I heard that tesk-king and actualtests.com are pretty good...anyone dis/agree?

I've been working in the industry for 5+ years now...so I do have "hands on" experience, its just that my company wants me to be certified (even tho I have a BS degree in Ntwk Engineering) gave me a deadline to finish my certs ~yikes!

I only have a 'lil over 2 months to complete the MCSE track and reading the 700-900 plus study bible books aren't really cutting it in time sensitive matters.  Any thoughts on speeding up my study training cuz time is ticking...
ruscorp
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 04:00:29 PM »

Originally posted by GQJordy
What do you guys think of using brain dumps for preping for an MCSE exam?

Not a good idea.

- -- Anti Dublin Crew -- -
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 11:39:24 AM »

oh, boy, are you ever preaching to the WRONG choir on this one...

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
sacredcowpaddy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 11:52:34 AM »

Braindumps are used for people who try to memorize test answers. While I can see the temptation, especially when you have to spend your hard earned money to take a test with the possibility of failing, they really do you no good. The newere Microsoft tests require you to think and reason things out. Rote memorization won't help you. In my opinion, they are simply irrelvant.

Sacred Cows Make The Best Hamburgers
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 04:12:50 PM »

b-dumps are used by cheats, cowards and idiots the world over who are desperately looking for a shortcut... oh yeah, lazy bums, too.

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
curiousgeorge
learn through asking

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 05:23:59 PM »

Ironically, this forum is funded by the very thing everyone claims to despise.

If you already have 5 years experience, you should be able to read a book, then take the test. I don't mind people with experience using braindumps. I just hate these hacks who have never had any real world experience and have a bunch of certs. Then they try to act like they know everything.

If your job is on the line, use any means neccessary.

Good luck my friend.

MCSA Charter Member
MCSE Early Achiever
Server+
Dell certified
HP certified
timhowell1985

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 04:48:14 PM »

I say just read the books and try your hardest, I had barley any experience and passed all the tests required for the MCSA in 9 weeks without one brain dump, just a lot of studying.  I think it would reflect bad on your degree and your job to your boss if you used the easy way out on your certs.  I mean if you come up a little short when that deadline comes around I am sure they will understand.
If not just blow up the building:)

We are all computers, programmed by society.
vorn98

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2004, 09:39:11 PM »

I have to agree with the consensus here.  Just plain study, practice, and do some practice tests.  

Just finished reading (well, kinda) the sybex 70-270 book.  After cramming so hard for the server test, I'm just glossed over now - there is very little difference in the operation/management of XP compared to the server product - apart from the obvious. I was going to study for at least a couple weeks but I can't see why at this point.  

Good luck!!
lseals

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2004, 10:40:35 PM »

Braindump thoughts anyone?

A lot of them, all bad:(

24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?

Avoid hangovers, stay drunk!

icertify dot net

www.ComputerWorld.org
6slave6

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2004, 10:49:59 PM »

I say if you have 5+ years of experience then you should not need brain dumps.  You should be able to rely on you knowledge of the subject and easily be able to pass any exam that you deserve to.

Best of luck.

All work and no play makes Jeff something something......

http://download.consumptionjunction.com/multimedia/cj_12648.wmv
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 10:40:00 AM »

Originally posted by 6slave6
I say if you have 5+ years of experience then you should not need brain dumps.  

you should never need them at all. You should just focus on taking tests for which you meet the minimum reqs...

iCertify dot net

InfoSecWeb.com
gr33nd4yg1rl
invisible

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2004, 06:16:18 PM »

If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you.
-Winnie the Pooh-
Pmwpaul

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 09:22:24 AM »

If you've got the experience and you've studied the manuals, you should be able to read the braindumps and know the answers.  If you don't know the answer, this indicates an area you need to learn better.

If you tighten up when taking an exam, braindumps can really help in relaxing you.

It'll take the same amount of time to memorize the braindumps as it will to read the manual.

I've been in computers for over 10 years and use study guides in addition to manusls.  The real study guide is investing in setting up a network at home to go through every step.

Braindumps are bad if you think you can con your way into a good job.  It'll show up very quickly and you'll be out the door.

Smiley
Gundyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 06:58:25 PM »

NEVER................

IT POWER
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: