pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 05:04:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  Windows 2000 track general
| | |-+  MCSE progress
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MCSE progress  (Read 5071 times)
tabath
Lurking member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 25, 2004, 11:00:01 AM »

..Hi

been no activity in this thread for a while so I thought I'd get some going.

I have MCP pro and server and am studying for net admin but keep putting it off...finally I have given myself a deadline of end of June and will do at least 1 exam a month to finish off the MCSE 2k. How much study should I give the design network exam? and should I take it as the next one .

How much time are you guys taking to finish up your mcse and how far have you got. Come on lets get some activity going at this board.

It seems quieter than last time I was able to get on it. For some reason I ahve not been able to access it for a while and I know quite a few others haven,t . Lets get this great community resource kickin again!

Saints and devils rule!!!
Fobulous

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 10:12:11 AM »

i just finished MCSE 2000 earlier this month. my shedule was 2 exams a month...while in May i took 3 in total!
joe_ryan32

View Profile
wow
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 10:23:29 PM »

how are you guys preparing for your exams. I am going to a tech school where we do a class or say an exam book every six weeks. Even at that pace I failed my first mcse test 70-210. I know the software because we did pretty thorough study and hands on as well but no exam prep so the actual exams were very foreign to me when i had taken my first exam two weeks ago. well I think I am using some better practice tests and I am going to retake my pro exam next week then I will be finishing my server class in two weeks and will be taking that as soon as possible. Maybe you guys can give me some suggestions on expeditng the test taking part since Iam confident that Iam not cutting any corners on learning what I need to . Thanks
em_ar_ducks

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 01:12:25 AM »

when I prepped I was working in the field, going to school, and reading every resource I could get my hands on.

One method is to go to the microsoft training website and look over the objectives of the exam you are prepping for.

Make sure you set up a live machine to work with.

Also it sometimes helps to study the core four together somewhat, 210 and 215 share a lot, 217 can make 215 a bit easier, and not much seems to help 216 other than practice.

Use the practice tests sparingly. Take one and really concentrate on what you don't understand before taking another, never take the same test twice while practicing.

Most importantly you need to make sure you understand the "Microsoft" way. (not always the best in practice, but that is not necessarily what they test you on)
joe_ryan32

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 07:31:19 PM »

what is the reason for using practice tests sparingly???
em_ar_ducks

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 10:37:52 PM »

point of practice tests are to prepare you for the way the questions are typically asked, and to give you some measure of confidence in your overall knowledge.

The mainstream tests like Transcender, Self Test, etc. work with Microsoft and other vendors to design "similar" formats to the vendor test.

If you take the same test over and over and see the same questions, eventually you will train yourself to answer the same way every time you see the questions.

Most of the tests have a pool of more than 50 questions or have more than one test. Each variation should only be used once. If you take a test and score well in some areas and poorly in others, study the poor areas more and then take a "different" test.

If you do extremely well on the first practice test you take, don't waste your time with them anymore. Take the test that counts.
aznluvsmc
Just a kid

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 12:20:11 AM »

I'm looking to finishing up my MCSE this week with my final exam.  I've put it up for about 2 months just relaxing.  This will bring me to a total of 10 months devoted to gaining my MCSE.  I'm looking forward to finishing this off so I can take a complete 3 week breather before I head back to college for my graduation year.  Wish me luck!
joe_ryan32

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 12:43:26 AM »

GOOD LUCK!
dazza99

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 01:55:08 PM »

Hi
The MS exam questions can be very long winded so you need to be able to cut through the bull and pick out the relevant stuff. Once you get used to this and you understand the do's and don'ts of the system it's much easier to see the correct answer. Look for keywords like "user object" or "user account" which can lead to different answers. For example, if the question talks about folders the answer will be about "object access" and not "account management".
Good luck with the rest of your exams, I have my fifth one in a few weeks.

Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: