pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 01:32:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Novell
| |-+  CNE
| | |-+  Time frame for CNA/CNE 5.1 Retirement?
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Time frame for CNA/CNE 5.1 Retirement?  (Read 9069 times)
Swigga
Funkateer

View Profile WWW
« on: March 14, 2004, 01:22:17 PM »

Hi

I am considering pursuing my CNA/CNE for Netware 5.1.  I have very very very little Netware experience.  I am one of the few among Microsoft Certified professionals that believe Netware is not as dead as it may seem.  What would be the best course of action to take?  Could I complete a CNE 5.1 before netware retires the cert???  Does anyone know that date?  I figure they'll retire 5.1 when the 6.5 cert becomes available.

Thanks...

ruscorp
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 04:14:21 PM »

Originally posted by Swigga
Hi

I am considering pursuing my CNA/CNE for Netware 5.1.  I have very very very little Netware experience.  I am one of the few among Microsoft Certified professionals that believe Netware is not as dead as it may seem.  What would be the best course of action to take?  Could I complete a CNE 5.1 before netware retires the cert???  Does anyone know that date?  I figure they'll retire 5.1 when the 6.5 cert becomes available.

Thanks...

Good question.

Where's Kasor with that answer? Smiley

- -- Anti Dublin Crew -- -
darthw
Long Live Savatage!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 09:13:15 PM »

You can still attain CNE 5.1, however you will not receive any of the CNE benefits unless you are a CNE 6, so it would probably be best to pursue CNE 6.  I don't believe the upgrade to 6 exam is available any longer.  So if you pursue the CNE 5.1 track, unless they provide a 5.1 to 6.5 upgrade exam, you will have to take the whole track to upgrade.

From my understanding the Netware credentials don't so much "retire" like Microsofts, however as new CNE exams come out you have to upgrade or lose the benefits (support, access to software, etc.)
gcw123

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 10:29:05 AM »

NW 6.5 exam might available so soon, maybe after one or two years...................................................................................................
Swigga
Funkateer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 08:35:50 AM »

Yeah, I figured as such...

Kasor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 11:02:29 PM »

I asked my buddy who work with Novell Groupwise and NetWare daily... He said, go with NetWare 6.

This is a personal comment:

He told me that NW 6 is much more powerful and easy to use. Hightly adaptive and flexible on implement new Svr, cross-platform and emerging other wireless device or system.

U must understand that NW6 is not upgrade of NW5. Many companies currently is using NW6.

I recommend to go for CNE6, but if you want to know more about NW. U can always take a look at NW5 or 5.1, but don't waste money to take the exams.

Kill All Suffer 2 Reborn
ruscorp
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 12:44:18 AM »

Originally posted by Kasor
U can always take a look at NW5 or 5.1, but don't waste money to take the exams.

Wow! You really think the Novell 5.1 CNA exam is a waste of money?

Companies are slow to upgrade. I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority ran 4.11.

Kasor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 10:50:02 PM »

Remember.. . different point of view... Cheesy

Kill All Suffer 2 Reborn
ruscorp
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2004, 12:46:18 AM »

Originally posted by Kasor
Remember.. . different point of view... Cheesy

I'm looking to take the 5.1 CNA. However I don't plan on going any further with Novell.

darthw
Long Live Savatage!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2004, 05:29:58 PM »

I wouldn't say the CNA 5.1 testing at this point would be a waste.  After all it's only one exam, and the info may be pertinent to what you are working with now.  CNE however is several tests, and you don't get any of the benefits as a CNE 5.1 when you finish, until you become CNE 6, or better.  So, in the long haul for CNE going for 6 is probably the more economical choice.   Many of the foundational Netware concepts are similar in both 5.1 and 6, so you will a large amount of knowledge that is applicable to both NOS's.
ruscorp
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2004, 05:43:41 PM »

Originally posted by darthw
I wouldn't say the CNA 5.1 testing at this point would be a waste.  After all it's only one exam, and the info may be pertinent to what you are working with now.  CNE however is several tests, and you don't get any of the benefits as a CNE 5.1 when you finish, until you become CNE 6, or better.  So, in the long haul for CNE going for 6 is probably the more economical choice.   Many of the foundational Netware concepts are similar in both 5.1 and 6, so you will a large amount of knowledge that is applicable to both NOS's.

I agree. The CNE 5.1 seems like a bigger waste. The CNA 5.1 is only one exam, so whatta got to lose?

ruscorp
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2004, 12:16:57 PM »

Originally posted by camol
retired now

:confused:

dhn305

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2004, 02:30:31 AM »

5.1 is not retired. Now if you mean 050-639 then yes, but 050-653 is not. I contacted Vue and Novell to tell them they both still have old info on 050-639. They both gave me a not-so-brilliant answer.
ruscorp
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2004, 02:23:54 PM »

Originally posted by dhn305
5.1 is not retired. Now if you mean 050-639 then yes, but 050-653 is not. I contacted Vue and Novell to tell them they both still have old info on 050-639. They both gave me a not-so-brilliant answer.

What's the timeline until 5.1 is dead?

dhn305

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2004, 03:58:10 PM »

To be honest with you, I don't know. When I contacted Novell to tell them I never saw anything that said they were canning 050-639, they informed me it was on their website. They basically told me if I was going to work on any Novell cert I needed to pay attention to their website. And that's when I fired back that they still had old cert info on their site. I receive numerous emailings on various certs, but never came across anything that remotely suggested it going away. What I have been told is that 050-639 and 050-653 are very similar, if you can believe that.
I took the class at my local college, bought Transcender, Beach Front Direct, and looked at a couple of dumps. Thought I was prepared enough to go take 653 and did not pass. Now I am trying to figure out if I want to try again, waste more money on test engines, or go back to concentrating on my Microsoft stuff.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: