pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 01:41:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Programming Forum
| | |-+  HTML / JavaScript
Poll
Question: Is Web Design a desired talent / skill?  (Voting closed: May 08, 2004, 03:20:30 PM)
Yes. It still is. - 7 (87.5%)
No, it's out like beanie babies. - 1 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HTML / JavaScript  (Read 3891 times)
Dynamics
Road To Recovery...

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2004, 03:19:38 PM »

Is there anyone out there looking for designs and such? Realize that I'm just trying to get a feel for whether or not Web Design is still a hot field of work...

Wink

In a world of dreams, you'll only need one wake up call to make things become an item of reality.
PoorboyTech
Bastard Operator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 05:52:01 PM »

It is still a hot field, however with the user of Front Page, PHP and several other web aps, its making it easier for Joe User to make one him/herself

Users...Can't live with'em, can't leave them under the raised floor in the machine room for more than a few weeks...
Dynamics
Road To Recovery...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 12:40:23 PM »

For those that do make them on their own, what about the prospect of e-commerce and such? Where's the need for creativity? Anyone can drag-n-drop items and make a page, but it'll take knowledge to make anything remotely desirable to the eyes...

In a world of dreams, you'll only need one wake up call to make things become an item of reality.
Dynamics
Road To Recovery...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 12:41:27 PM »

Oh, and also, if anyone knows VB please let me know, I've got a question to ask.

Dr. C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 02:39:08 PM »

Ask away.

Nothing says "I Love You" like Corrugated Aluminum.
Dynamics
Road To Recovery...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 03:05:55 PM »

Sorry it's been a while. anyway, the question was about interaction with online service programs such as your AOLs and Earthlinks... I had at one time created several small programs to interact with AOL, but it seems I've forgotten nearly everything I knew back then, any suggestions on sites as to where I may ascertain some tutorials or information to refresh my memory?

Dr. C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 10:30:17 AM »

Well, what exactly are you trying to get these programs to do? Interact in what way?

Dynamics
Road To Recovery...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2004, 10:36:03 AM »

Obviously nothing that would cause myself legal troubles. But, since now they have AOL 9.0 and so on, I'd say an mp3 player that can be controlled via the chatroom, a chatscan ( logger ) and stuff along those lines. just a simple program that I'd be able to release on my site. nothing major, yet. eventually I'll be looking to creating my own chat server. but, that's further down the line.

Dr. C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 11:24:33 AM »

Are you sure you want to use VB for this? It looks like Java would be a better choice for this kind of thing. But yes, it can be done. Do you have an outline for how to start the project are are you still in the design stages?

Dynamics
Road To Recovery...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2004, 01:42:39 PM »

I'm just starting. With limited knowledge, I'm definately looking for help. But, as far as java is concerned, I'd need to learn it first.. but, then again, I wouldn't know where to start..

dreams are just that until they're acted upon.

so, with that I'm just trying to get at it. If I fail, so what, I'll keep trying to make stuff until I become proficient with Java and VB, enough to make something worthwhile.. otherwise, I'd have to team up with someone... or a group of people.

Dr. C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2004, 03:12:26 PM »

Originally posted by Dynamics
I'm just starting. With limited knowledge, I'm definately looking for help. But, as far as java is concerned, I'd need to learn it first.. but, then again, I wouldn't know where to start..

dreams are just that until they're acted upon.

so, with that I'm just trying to get at it. If I fail, so what, I'll keep trying to make stuff until I become proficient with Java and VB, enough to make something worthwhile.. otherwise, I'd have to team up with someone... or a group of people.

Have you tried looking for a project at Source Forge to join? They have lots of projects for people looking to get their hands dirty.

I suggested Java since I was assuming a chatroom would be distributed to various users in the form of bytecode so as to take some of the load off of your server and onto the workstations.

Dynamics
Road To Recovery...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2004, 10:36:08 AM »

i'll do just that. thanks. Smiley

Dr. C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2004, 12:02:03 PM »

Originally posted by Dynamics
i'll do just that. thanks. Smiley

Good luck! Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: