pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 06:21:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  Exchange server 2000
| | | |-+  help!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: help!  (Read 1109 times)
drhixson

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2004, 12:03:50 AM »

I really need you guys help... I have the following situation: I have an exchange 5.5 server, then added a new server running exchange 2003, and joined it to the site according to MS's instructions. I have moved all mailbox's and public folders over to exchange 2003. Then in ISA, I changed the published email server's IP addres from the 5.5 server to the 2003 server. I have verified that incoming email is coming directly to the 2003 server. ***Problem is that outgoing email still goes through the 5.5 server. I shut down the 5.5 server and all outgoing email flow stopped. I start the server back and all the emails get delivered. What am I doing wrong or missing to get outbound email to flow from the 2003 server to the internet?? Any help at all is really really apprecieated!!!
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 11:32:07 AM »

It seems Exchange 2003 sees the 5.5 server as the outbound path. Are you just shutting the 5.5 server down? You are using ADC, correct? What steps are you following to decomission the 5.5 server? I think you need to fing a way to tell Exchange 2003 that the 5.5 server is not going to be there anymore. Check the Exchange 2003 Deployment Guide for information on decommisioning the 5.5 server and moving to native mode.

Also check the Exchange Discussion groups at tek-tips.com, they are pretty active. Good luck!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 12:30:40 PM by jeff_j_black » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: