pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 10:53:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCDST
| | |-+  271 next week
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 271 next week  (Read 2709 times)
bgoody

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2004, 08:11:34 PM »

Hey all,

Anybody out there take the 70-271 yet as opposed to the beta 71-271?

I've signed up to take the 271 test next week.  I passed the 272 beta no problem a few months ago.  Looking forward to finally finishing off this MCDST cert.

Any general points that I should review?  I think I know XP pretty well and I'm working tech support right now so I'm assuming the test will be a breeze but you never know.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

-Brian
relder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 07:29:42 AM »

If you know the OS, you won't have a  problem.  I took this test the day it came out and found it to be the easiest MS test that I ever took.  Just use the objectives on the MS site to check for weak areas.

bgoody

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 12:02:42 PM »

Yeah that's the way I felt about the 272.  Just know XP and you're good.  

Thanks for the reply.
relder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2004, 01:27:02 AM »

I didn't do as well on 272, but I'm not an applications person either.  Still was pretty easy.

bgoody

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 01:41:12 AM »

Passed the 271 today and got my MCDST.  In my opinion, the 271 was way harder than the 272.... at least the beta 272.  I got a 950 or so on the 272 but just squeaked by the 271.  Very challenging, I'd have to put it only slightly easier than the 210 in difficulty although it was clearly not as much in depth in regards to material covered.
bgoody

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 01:46:10 AM »

I forgot to mention, it seemed like the test focused much more on administration than on troubleshooting the operating system... but I guess the two do go hand in hand if you eliminate application problems from the question pool (those would be on the other MCDST exam).  

I was expecting a little more installation and hardware.

Overall, good test.
azimuth40

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 05:50:48 PM »

Someone on a help desk does not generally do installation, that is for MCSA/MCSE/A+ type folks. Help desk mostly does desktop bit fiddling i.e. configuration.  The lack of hardware was also complained about by the beta testers.  However Microsoft is a CompTIA member and that is what A+ and Server+ is supposed to cover.

Microsoft seems to be very carefully delineating their certs probably in preparation for their coming top tier Architect certification.
Tier 1: Help Desk ΤΗτ Support..........MCDST
Tier 2: Administrator ΤΗτ Operational..MCSA
Tier 3: Engineer ΤΗτ Tactical..........MCSE
Tier 4: Architect ΤΗτ Strategic........MCxxx ?

Congratulations on your achievement bgoody.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 05:58:59 PM by azimuth40 » Logged
bgoody

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 06:42:37 PM »

Yes I agree with you on what Microsoft expects from their different levels of certified technicians.  However, help desk techs at big employers like gateway, etc end up walking people through installations all the time don't they?  

Regardless, the exam was way too heavy on administration.    

Good point about A+ being recognized by Microsoft - this eliminates a good deal of the hardware type questions.  If I were designing the exam, I would have thrown them in anyway... interesting that they decided to overlap towards the MCSA side as opposed to the A+.
bgoody

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 06:54:09 PM »

Thank you.

Hopefully it will help me get a better job  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: