pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 08:18:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCDST
| | |-+  Study material
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Study material  (Read 4399 times)
foxmedia

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2004, 07:05:34 PM »

What do you suggest as study material? Any available yet specifically for MCDST and not just XP?
fox
azimuth40

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 07:52:37 PM »

Originally posted by foxmedia
What do you suggest as study material? Any available yet specifically for MCDST and not just XP?
fox

Everyone is racing to write it.  March is the general consensus when you will see books on the shelf.  The exception is MS Certified Training Centers.  I believe they have the preliminary MOC.
JimJohnson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 08:08:50 PM »

For the beta exams, I used the Windows XP Pro Resource Kit (Second Edition) and my experience of using XP since the CPP.  If you've been a power user of XP for 6-8 months it's a very short learning curve.  The application troubleshooting was specific to some of the Office products, so any familiarity there is a plus as well.  Good luck!
azimuth40

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 10:29:14 PM »

^^^^^ Yea what Jim said.   For 272 you really want to understand IE options well, especially security, privacy, and content tabs.  Also know e-mail account setup, general MS Office setup.  Understand that most of the questions are posed as setup or troubleshooting problems and not as how do I use this product.  I can't get my e-mail, I can't access my files, this website no longer is accessable, etc.  

There is some overlap between the two tests with the same subject viewed from different angles.   If you go to the MS website and look at the course outlines they indicate that for 272 you really need the 271 course too.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 10:32:17 PM by azimuth40 » Logged
JimJohnson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 10:41:04 PM »

If you can master the art of translating what the customer is saying to what the actual problem is, you are way ahead of the game.  Sometimes when they say, "I can't log in", or "I think the mainframe isn't working" I tend to *sigh* and begin the long, arduous process of figuring out what they are actually talking about.  And the sticking point is that you have to hold their hand while they are trying to describe the problem or at what they are seeing.  The only reason I say this is because a few of the questions are something like, "Bobby Sue calls you to say she can no longer access the LAN website" and so forth and you need to fix it.  If you've ever had to help your mom or dad fix a problem over the phone, it's kinda like that. :cool:
INN0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 02:06:59 PM »

cool
I was really wondering what Microsoft means in their wesite with the description of the exam " Answer end-user questions related to performing an attended installation of a Windows XP operating system. " ... or stuff like that ..
I mean I work in an XP enviroment for about 10 months but I still can't imagine what microsoft think about stuff like that and how they would be put this into an exam question.

if you would have more and examples like the plese bring us some light .
thanx a lot . , much appreciated.

Originally posted by JimJohnson
If you've ever had to help your mom or dad fix a problem over the phone, it's kinda like that. :cool:
RUSH2112
Certified Test Taker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2004, 11:40:33 PM »

Sounds like this is going to be a fairly easy exam for anyone who has at least 6 months HelpDesk exp.   I'll probably take it for the hell of it.  Cant hurt??

"Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies, but most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be.  Sadder still to watch it die than never to have known it,  for you the blind who once could see,  the bell tolls for thee...."     Losin' It
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: