pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 03:18:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Other IT certifications
| |-+  All other certifications
| | |-+  Certified Ethical Hacker CEH self study guides
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Certified Ethical Hacker CEH self study guides  (Read 68106 times)
ghathbar

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2004, 07:06:49 PM »

Hello,

Have anyone bought or used the study guide from EC-Council for Certified Ethical Hacker CEH:
Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures v3.0
at:
http://www.eccouncil.org/studyguide.htm

Any other recommendation of self study guides for the Certified Ethical Hacker ( CEH )

thanks,

K
azyuky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 10:01:34 PM »

Hello there,

I've got the offical course for CEH v3.0. I'm going to take the test around April, after my CISSP :rolleyes: .So I can't tell you anything about the testing experience yet. But anyway, from my point of view, CEH is totally DOABLE. It's not going to be a monster exam of any kind if you've involved with the (ethical) hacking scene long enough.

The courseware covers most of things that I know except Novell hacking, and other minor stuff. The courseware is presented to you by using "slide show" format (same as GIAC online courseware). It's only 547 pages, so we don't have alot of reading to do. It just covers exactly what we need to know for the exam, and what an ethical hacker needs in the real world.

I see that you're a CISSP so I would like you to help me too Cheesy, please go to the CISSP forum and help me with some questions regarding the CISSP exam preparation. I'm greatly appreciate.

Btw, I forgot to tell you. I got the CEH courseware in PDF style Wink so PM me if you need anything.
waqasm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 10:58:04 AM »

Good we share intrest in CEH. can help each other.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 12:40:24 PM by waqasm » Logged
beeyarkay

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 06:28:13 PM »

I am also looking for taking up the CEH certification. Please help by sharing the course material

Ramesh
gregmcc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 05:51:14 AM »

I'm also looking - can someone post a link?
jennie313

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 09:23:02 AM »

I'm hoping that there will be more replies in this thread once the 3.1 update comes out next month.
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 11:32:34 AM »

is this study material subject to copyright laws? Since we're talking about *ethical* hacking and all Wink

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
jennie313

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 01:04:54 PM »

Originally posted by freak
is this study material subject to copyright laws? Since we're talking about *ethical* hacking and all Wink

What is this word, "ethical" and what does it mean?  Smiley  J/K.
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 01:31:35 PM »

looks to me like some people tend to forget it quite fast Wink

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
jennie313

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 01:44:56 PM »

Originally posted by freak
looks to me like some people tend to forget it quite fast Wink

Well, I don't think people are meaning to "share" study material in the "post everything the material states" kind of way, just share as in, "Hey, look!  I found this great study guide".  There doesn't appear to be much out there for this exam other than the official curriculum and even that is going to expire next month.  I think people are looking for other sources other than just looking through the domains and making sure you know all of the material.  Though that's not a bad idea, I think most people (myself included) find comfort in knowing that what their studying is taylored specifically for the exam.  It's a familiarity thing.  Of course, I don't see Mike Meyers coming out with a CEH certification passport book anytime soon.  So the point may be moot.

Of course, I could be wrong about other people's motives.  It's happened once or twice before.  Smiley
yihwen

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 04:26:10 AM »

Does anyone has the sample exams question? Can email me?
yihwen@gmail.com
Thanks a lot.
I will be taking my CEH v 2.3 soon.
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2004, 09:24:16 AM »

NO BRAINDUMPS HERE.

And stop cross posting. Read the forum rules before you post again.

iCertify dot net

InfoSecWeb.com
rockclimber77

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2004, 02:32:34 PM »

I am currently using the Hacking Revealed CD's as part of my self study for the CEH exam, I will lety ou know what I think after I have finished. any other suggestions would be helpful.
jennie313

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2004, 02:59:45 PM »

Good luck.  When are you planning to take the exam?
rockclimber77

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2004, 03:24:55 PM »

Hopefully in the next month or so. I just received my application form approval from EC-Council. Still have to register for a exam  with prometric.

I would like to find some additional study material first
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: