pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 05:33:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  IT career women
| | |-+  Women And Wages
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Women And Wages  (Read 3638 times)
Jesus Christ

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2004, 07:23:33 PM »

A fundamental truism that many people fail to accept is that government intrusion is the natural enemy of free enterprise.  For a perfect example, we can look no further than all the regulations which mandate equal pay scales for the sexes.

I hereby call for an immediate end to these regulations.  All they do is put a serious cramp on our free enterprise system, forcing it to work less efficiently that it was originally intended to do.  In fact, as long as these regulations exist, our free enterprise system is really a misnomer.

Whatever pay scales an employer wants to pay its men and women for any given position should be the exclusive domain of that employer and that employer alone.   Any employer ought to have the right to pay whatever the hell it wants to whomever the hell it wants.  Plain and simple.

If a given corporation wants to pay men a higher wage than women for the same job, then it should have the perfect right to do so.

If a given corporation wants to pay both men and women the same wage for the same job, then this should be honored as well.

Fair is fair.  If a female dominated corporation wants to pay women a higher
wage than men for the same job, then yes, even this right should be upheld.

The way I see it, any man who would want to work for a woman who pays him less is a total wimp anyway and could never cut it in a real man's job.  

Better to let him remain a sissy in such a job than to let him loose out in the man's world, where he might do some serious damage to a more manly organization which might screw up by hiring him.

In contrast, the women who would accept a job paying at a lower wage than their
male counterparts would do a better job.  They won't be so full of all that
unfeminine corporate ambition, enabling them to focus upon their duties with the subservient passion that is more appropriate for their gender.  As a result, any organization they work for will become stronger and more efficient.

For all you liberals out there who think I am off base, I challenge you to prove it.  
If women can truly do a better job than men at the same job, then this would be more likely to come about as a result of a complete and total deregulation of our wage scales and with a far less liklihood of cover ups.  

If there are women who are working for a female employer and are earning higher
wages then their male counterparts at a competitive organization, then their
wages will clearly be justified.   Let the men perk up and make the necessary
adjustments to raise their productivity to the level that the women have supposedly attained.   Then adjust their wages  accordingly and justifiably.

Wages, like productivity, are subject to the laws of supply and demand.  A true free enterprise system cannot exist with all of the wage regulations that have been going on during our modern times.

I say it is high time that we trust our free enterprise system to work as it was fully intended, free of all government wage regulations.   Let the truths which emerge be the shining stars that guide our wage policies for men and women alike.

Let me make it perfectly clear that my preceding comments apply to the private
sector only.  As for as our government employees are concerned, I offer a
different mandate--that pay scales for men be higher than for women for all federal, state, and municipal jobs.

This policy would not be retroactive.  Effective immediately, all women currently employed in any government job would receive an immediate pay cut, not exceeding twenty-five percent of their current salary.

Granted, a number of women would quit their jobs immediately.  Mostly the ingrates and self-centered feminists who care more for their petty little personal issues than for the welfare of the government they were hired to serve.

All I can say is good riddance.  Our  government would be better off without
them.

Let our federal government lead the way by eliminating its wage regulations first. The benefits will become immediately obvious.   The expected exodus of women from our government work forces would result in a higher ratio of men to women.  

The result?  A stronger and better  government.

Furthermore, just think of how much easier it would be to keep down the national debt if our federal government had the balls to pull this off.

After seeing the shining example our federal government has exhibited with the
elimination of its wage restrictions, and seeing the fruits reaped thereof, a
perfect place for our states and municipalities to follow suit would be with
its public schools.

It is my proposal that all male teachers employed in our public schools be given an immediate 25% raise.  Such a proposal would be a great incentive for more men to enter the teaching profession.  It is a sad fact that our nation's public schools suffer from a shortage of male teachers and manly role models for our students.

A smaller proportion of women working in our public schools would result, and
desiredly so.  The plain and simple truth is that too many of our female teachers are nothing more than mother hens who wet nurse their students to death.

They spoil their students worse than their mothers spoil them at home.  The other day I had to ream out one of my female teachers for referring to her students as "my babies."

Let me make something else perfectly clear.  I am not knocking all female teachers.  There are many who do an outstanding job.

Especially down at the elementary level where they belong. God bless every single one of them.  Including our school librarians.  

As a result of my proposal, our schools will reap the benefits of a higher proportion of men in our nation's schools.  More men will result in more manly role models for our students, stronger schools, and better leadership therein.

In closing, I would like to offer the following quote:

"Women are simply not endowed by nature with the same measures of single-minded
ambition and the will to succeed in the fiercely competitive world of Western
capitalism." ( Pat Buchanan )
nethead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 12:16:28 PM »

Now that's a controversial post if nothing else.

If two people are equally good at their job then they should be paid the same. I don't see that everyone can all get along just fine if they know that all the male staff are getting paid say 25% more, or vice versa.

It just wouldn't work. Pay should purely be based on ability and NOT whether you are male/female.

Braindumps? No thanks.
XXXXXXXXXXXXX member
bsdboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 12:18:57 PM »

that man is crazy. he is just trying to make everyone mad. look at all of his other post. he does same thing always.
Ling663
Beach Girl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 12:10:51 AM »

THAT is the funniest thing I read all day!!!

And what kind of MANLY-MAN

Spends more time reading about certs than actually getting any (certs that is;->...)...
Ling663
Beach Girl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 12:13:44 AM »

....continued from above!
my fingers are freezing and slipped on the keyboard...

...I was saying...

and what kind of MANLY-MAN work do you do sir?!

(hee hee he's gonna have a field day with my 2 silly posts...  here let me add some smiley faces cuz they're just so vewy vewy cute!!!!)
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

ho hum why did i even waste my time reading and posting to this?Huh
hahahahahahahaha
thx for the chuckle MrBuchanan or whoever you think you are!

Spends more time reading about certs than actually getting any (certs that is;->...)...
Blubells
Kilted Tech

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 07:05:43 PM »

Ok, I want to explode this myth thatwomen are worse treated or wose paid than men.

I know for a fact that the women there are paid more than the guys.

An like me Coke, I'm not bitter.  These are immensley Talented HUMAN BEINGS.  They can earn more than me because they deserve to.

Just a thought (yes men do have them occaisionaly Wink )

The Difference Between Dreams And Accomplishments Is Merely Desire
mikop
Supa SUPA MAN!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 12:26:57 AM »

huh... that's like the single most recognized wrong application of logic... taking a single exception and applied it to the whole...

I have a black/white/yellow/red friend and we all act normal with each other, therefore, racism, discrimination etc etc does not exist.

geee, I know a dumb black dude, therefore, all blacks are stupid...

I know one asian dude who can rock any girl's bed, therefore, asian guys are THE ULTIMATE sex machine...

anyway, the disparity between the wages is for the good of all women... the less money you make, the less taxes you pay. the less money you make, the less disposable income there is... therefore you buy less prada shoes and purses... therefore it mean more actual dollar in your purse to feed the trillions babies you will surely make.

love my logic heh!

I know one certified guy who is really competent, therefore all certified tech dudes and dudettes are competents... WRONG.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand."
                              --- Einstein
Blubells
Kilted Tech

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 06:13:43 AM »

If something exists in reality it no longer is a myth

bsdboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 10:02:16 AM »

myths exist, does that make them real?
Blubells
Kilted Tech

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2004, 07:58:58 AM »

Originally posted by bsdboy
myths exist, does that make them real?

Note the very important word... REALITY

A myth is a story that people have perpetuated for so long that noone knows if it actually existed.

If it's there, tangible, viewable, whatever then it cannot be a myth.

Myths exist, because people want to believe age old stories. The past is littered with them.

King Arthur, Robin Hood, The Holy Grail

These are all stories which have been told and retold and now we dont know if it's right ot wrong and people spend millions in research to seperate the fact from the fiction.

Anyway I digress.

The point I was trying to make in the first place was that the IT industry is growing.

Women make the best programmers because mentally they can deal with OO a lot better than guys.

I've had more female bosses in this industry.

I work in an office where there are three guys and 10 Women, all in more senior posts than us.  Okay so it may be the exception to a lot of places, but that doesnt make my experiences "A Myth"

Hope this doesnt upset anyone,  I just call it the way I've seen it.

DivxGuy
Ex-Microsoftee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2004, 05:03:41 PM »

Please don't feed the troll.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: