pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 01:38:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  Exchange server 2000
| | | |-+  Not receiving email to specific accounts
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Not receiving email to specific accounts  (Read 1211 times)
Tonibug

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2003, 10:09:48 AM »

I have an Exchange 2k server running in one of my schools.  I am very new to Exchange so please excuse if my setup seems a little strange.  Anyway, I have configured all my users to have email addresses in the format forename.surname, there was a requirement for shared mailboxes for secretary@ and bursar@.  I decided that the easiest way to sort this out was to create two users secretary and bursar, grant send rights to the appropriate users and also adjust the mailbox permissions so that the mailboxes could be opened by the secretaries/bursars.  For example, user sarah.smith logs on and opens Outlook, in the folder view she can see Outlook Today [Mailbox: sarah.smith] and also [Mailbox: Bursar].  Unfortunately I do not receive any emails for Bursar or Secretary and if I try to log on to the account via web mail I get Page cannot be displayed, yet the directory exists and I can log on to any normal users account using web mail.

The only thing that I can see that is different is on the properties of the user folder in IIS manager a normal user has a local drive path M:\....... but the bursar/secretary shows \exchange\bursar or \exchange\secretary.

Help!  I hope that makes sense

Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 03:43:35 PM »

Have the user accounts  been logged in and connected directly to their mailbox? You should try using 'secretary' and 'bursar'  accounts as any other user would use their own account to troubleshoot.
Tonibug

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 08:17:45 AM »

Hi Jeff,

Yes I signed in as Bursar and Secretary and sent emails from the account.  Although slow in comparison to other emails, they evenually arrived in my Hotmail account.  When I tried to reply, though, I immediately received "delivery to the following recipients failed".  I was hoping that it would have bounced at out isp's so that I could pass the buck, but unfortunately as it was from postmaster@school domain I guess it is definitely at my end.  

thanks for your help,
Toni
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 12:11:15 PM »

I'm out as far as specific directions from here, but be keen on permissions etc. Try to make sure these accounts have all the group memberships, permissions, rights as the user accounts that are working correctly.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: