pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 11:23:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  IT career women
| | |-+  Assistance requested
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Assistance requested  (Read 1403 times)
chrysa1974

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2003, 10:01:02 AM »

After receiving an illegal operation error a pc technician formatted in the past my pc HP BRIO BA410 Win 98se and he installed his own win 98se since then I am constantly facing problems. When I input a cd or floppy it stacks and explorer is not responding and as a result i reset the pc. He made defragment last Sunday telling me that problem will be fixed. The windows are not working properly because the system stacks. I don't know what else he touched from software he removed some ticks from msconfig Startup tab. The result is a hanging screen during shut down procedure and the Microsoft Windows 98 screen is shutting down is not shown. I downloaded the shutdown patch of Microsoft but still nothing I ran Norton Live Update still nothing.
Any suggestions please how can I fix this hanging screen and how to bring up Microsoft‘«÷s shutting down screen? he modified also power management in control panel. any relation for shutting down problem?
regarding power management. i don't remember what were the original settings
i selected these

system stand by: 25 min
turn off monitor: 20 min
turn off hard disk: 30 min

Any instructions how to recover those who were before modification?

Thanks in advance
em_ar_ducks

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 02:07:08 PM »

Does your computer have a set of recovery cd's from HP?

Since your system had to be reformatted, you may need to recover your operating system and applications with the original manufacturer software.

Some manufacturers have unique settings embedded in the operating system configuration that can only be replaced with their software.
Paisleyskye
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 11:22:20 PM »

Exactly.  Look for the OEM HP cd's and re-install your operating system using those.  If you don't still have them you can call HP support and they'll send you one.

I would also never let that tech work on your pc again.  First of all, it was illegal for him to install windows using his cd, unless he used your licence numbers - he should know that.  Secondly, he was working on a proprietary machine that comes with OEM OS cd's - he should know that.

Peace Out!
Paisleyskye
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: