pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 05:21:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  70-217
| | |-+  Migrate DHCP from 2000 to 2003 server
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Migrate DHCP from 2000 to 2003 server  (Read 8375 times)
Jonoplunk

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2003, 05:52:53 PM »

HELP ME PLEASE!!!! Not too sure which area this would fall under on examnotes, but I have great faith in everyone here.

After reading through the MS article 325473 supplied below and carefully planning everything I have failed to get the DHCP migrated across to the 2003 Server.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325473&Product=win2000

We are running a 2003 Schema with a 2003 ADS DC, our old DHCP server is running on 2000 and I planned to migrate it to a 2003 server I had set-up for it.

I stopped the DHCP service, jet packed it, exported it using the DHCPexim tool, Disabled the service and scope on the 2000 server. I had already installed the DHCP service on the 2003 server. I copied the DHCPexim product to the local drive on 2k3 server. Typed the command "netsh dhcp server import c:\dhcpdatbase.txt all".

Message recieved="Unable to determine the DHCP Server version for the Server 10.1.100.4. Server may not function properly."

I have followed MS instructions perfectly so how can this be going wrong Wink

Been a long day, time to head home, hope to have better luck tomorrow. Old DHCP server is back up and running. Any help or suggestions would be most welcome.

"Throughout human history, we have been dependent on machines to survive. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony."
rji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 08:47:35 AM »

This reply might be a bit liate by now...

I was in the same situation recently, all I did was to setup DHCP on the 2003 server put in the scope options etc.  I then killed the leases for the computers and disabled DHCP on the 2000 server, the computers would then automatically search for any DHCP server, which would be the 2003 server.

Job done. Easy.
Jonoplunk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 07:06:38 PM »

Thanks for the reply. Yes I agree that your suggestion will probably be the easier way around this.

I have escaped the UK winter for 3 weeks, am sunning myself in South Africa at the moment, but I will follow your suggestion in the new year.

Happy Christmas and New Year to all.

"Throughout human history, we have been dependent on machines to survive. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony."
thedudepr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 04:34:52 AM »

I had the same experience - what I did was uninstall the DHCP Server, reboot, reinstall DHCP and immediately run the "netsh dhcp server import C:\filename.txt all" statement.  It ran perfectly.  What I'm thinking is that if you open DHCP beforehand it doesn't work...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: