pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 06:19:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  IT career women
| | |-+  Please help...
Poll
Question: Best things for someone who has no comp. tech background to pass CCNA
Give up - 2 (22.2%)
Find study group - 3 (33.3%)
Online forums - 3 (33.3%)
Choose another school - 1 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Please help...  (Read 1982 times)
tt10029

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2003, 01:48:06 AM »

Vervanda Deeppink
I just found out about this site out of pure stress.  I am currently studing for my CCNA exam, and it is really hard for me.  I have no prior computer background.  I have always been the person in front of the computer and I am finding so so so difficult to make all of the information stick.  I have brought book and the only one that helps me is Cisco simplified.  But this isnt going to be enough for me to pass the exam.  Please Help.

Signed,
The hard working stressed out student

P.S. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Boulware5
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 02:14:19 AM »

How about starting with Network+. Certainly easier than CCNA and gives you a really good overview of networking topics.  With Net+ knowledge, studying for CISCO exams should be a little easier.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Ben Franklin

http://www.stopfcc.com/
Kasor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 07:38:23 PM »

If u don't have any prior experience on computing. My suggestion:

First: STOP study CCNA
Second: take intro course (enroll or self study)
Third: Then take A+/Network+

It is important to have strong networking background before hit Cisco certification.

U are not in this level at all.
U can't jump few steps ahead.

Kill All Suffer 2 Reborn
tt10029

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 07:46:19 PM »

Dear Kasor,

Thank you very much for the advice.  It isnt that I dont want it.  But the fact is that I was told I didnt need any experience.  When I enrolled I was sure to let the instructor know what my background was.  She said that it would be ok.  I really think that what you said is totally right.  And as of next Wednesday or Thursday I will in essence know my "status" in this class.  If I cant pass the midterm(final) with an 80% I will be restricted from part 2.
Pavlov
Old Timer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 12:41:57 PM »

Famous last words... "no experience necessary"...  It's not the experience that you need for this... it's the foundation.  You need the basics of networking before you try to learn about segmenting them Smiley  Your instructor's job was to get you enrolled and make the school some money.  Job done for her.  For you, however, you need to start at the beginning.  Even if you don't go back to a Net+ class, pick up a good book on Network+ and at least get the foundation to build upon with the CCNA materials.

The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between work and play.
---------------------------------------
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
tt10029

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2003, 11:08:12 PM »

Thank you for the feed back Pavlov.  But, The sick thing about all of this is that I will be having my midterm in the morning and this will be the ultimate in deciding what my next move will be or should be.  Please keep posted to find out the next page in my story.
marathoner
Certifiably Insane

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2003, 05:16:43 PM »

you can do it.

CCNA does not require A+ except for the cabling specs.  Network+ would be helpful for it.  If you are missing background, just study that at the same time.  

I got through graduate level statistics that way, having only 2 terms of calculus and no abstract maths.

Free practice exam questions by email   http://xamsrus.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: