pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 07:57:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  Training simulators
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Training simulators  (Read 1326 times)
rmiller3

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2003, 11:19:03 PM »

Hi All

I'm looking for a simulator for Microsoft. I have the equipment to run 4 or 5 machines in a domain for my study for 70-214 and 70-227(MCSE+Security), my problem is space in my Computer room!!!!!

I have used one for my CCNA and it worked out well, so I'm now looking for one to allow me to use multiple(VM's)machines on one.

If anyone may know of a good simulator to accomplish this function with one machine it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all
em_ar_ducks

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2003, 10:01:58 PM »

It is available as a trial download from microsoft, catch is that the trial expires in mid october. Nice thing is that you can use it free until then.

Microsoft is supposed to be releasing a new version soon.

If you have a machine that has 512MB ram and a large hard drive it is possible to host at least 2 simultaneous instances of advanced server, with more memory you can host more vm's.

I had 2 NT 4 servers, 2 WIN2k servers, plus 2 WIN2k professional vm's on a 1GB memory, 120GB hard drive with no trouble at all to prepare for the exchange 224 exam.

I plan on buying connectix as soon as the new release is available. Others have used vmware, and given it high marks.

There may be other choices, but they all come at a pretty steep price, still its cheaper than 6 computers, and takes up less space.

If you create the image files a certain way, then you can really cut down on reconfiguration time too.
em_ar_ducks

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 01:25:34 AM »

I just checked microsofts connectix webpage:

recently updated to allow the trial software to run thru NOV 7.
rmiller3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 11:27:22 PM »

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: