pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 01:42:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  Exchange server 2000
| | | |-+  public folder hierarchy
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: public folder hierarchy  (Read 1328 times)
em_ar_ducks

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2003, 12:08:53 AM »

I have set exchange eval up on a machine at home, its a DC, everything works except the new public folder trees that I have tried to setup.

#1 I can create the tree, create a new store, and associate and mount the store just fine.

#2 Then I try to right-click on the new tree to create sub-folders, "public folder" is available, when I click on it, nothing happens.

According to all of the material that I am reading I should be able to create folders, mail-enable them, etc. via exchange system manager, correct?

I know that mapi clients can't access these additional trees or stores, but something just doesn't seem right with my setup, I have searched MSDN and Technet for two days and can't seem to find anything that tells me what I am doing wrong in fact everything confirms that what I am trying to do should work.
em_ar_ducks

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 09:26:05 AM »

For anyone who was baffled by my earlier post and wanted to know the solution.

The problem I was having was that in my experimentation with the eval edition of exchange 2k, I could not view the public folder heirarchy in exchange system manager.

I searched high and low on MSDN and TECHNET, and still couldn't find anything.

Finally in desparation one day before my 224 exam, I downloaded and installed the most recent service pack for exchange and voila! the issue was resolved.

When working with eval editions, I always hesitate to install service packs unless I have confidence that they resolve a specific issue, hopefully this information will benefit everyone.
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 11:22:44 AM »

Thanks for sharing your experience. Congrats again on the pass.
stepfaul

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 07:19:06 PM »

I too have had problems which have been resolved by service packs.  I am reluctant to install service packs because I like to keep as close to the MS training guide as possible.

As an example, after installing a service pack the message tracking interface layout in exchange system manager was changed.

I am finding that exchange is very 'fussy' about how it is setup and that the slightest of changes can cause havoc.

SF

You are the administrator of a Windows 2000 network comprising of........
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: