pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 09:46:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Book Reviews
| | |-+  what's beginner's book for MCSE cert
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: what's beginner's book for MCSE cert  (Read 3029 times)
lorizhou

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2003, 02:20:02 AM »

I am totally new to IT, want to self taught to pass MCSE exam soon, any tips regarding books or how to are highly appreciated.
Kasor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2003, 07:17:30 PM »

There no such thing as beginner book.

U get the study guide read, study and practice.

Kill All Suffer 2 Reborn
Wiseman82

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 08:38:35 AM »

MCSE is quite a long coure - 7 exams.  I would start by checking out the Microsoft website for the requirments.  Start with the desktop exam (I took the 70-210 exam, but a new XP exam is available)  Set up a test lab (I would reccommend two PC's for this, especcialy for the Server/Active Directory exams)  Make sure you complete all the exercises.  Be prepared to read the book a couple of times to understand everything if you're a beginner. Also - Check out http://www.amazon.com for book reviews.
DO NOT SIGN UP WITH ANY TRAINING PROVIDERS - HOME LEARNING - they are a rip off!!

If you want to learn about PC hardware/repair A+ may be a better course. MCP/MCSE will give you better job prospects, but the corse is harder.  Also don't expect to walk into a job jut because you have the cert.  If you are determined and are prepared to study hard you will get there, but there's a lot of competition for IT jobs and most employers prefer experience.
ubercherry
Mr. Flibble

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 11:57:07 PM »

Amen to that Wiseman82.

I think if you are starting out in IT certification you might want to try a few CompTIA certs, just to ease you into the study/certification process.  The Microsoft exams can be a little intimidating at times.

Have you thought about the new MSDST certification?

http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcdst/

I think that it would be another good certification to ease you into the MCSE.
everetjo
Synergist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 04:20:34 PM »

A+ is a good place to start, but you need to examine what it is you want to do.  I would talk to people that are doing the work that you would like to do someday yourself and ask them how they got there.  It is true that experience is often more valuable than certification and you generally demand less money on paper.

Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste death but once.
Blubells
Kilted Tech

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 05:37:13 PM »

But if you're hell bent on becoming an MCP (at least in the short term) Go for the 70-210 Exam, I found the New Riders book extremely helpful.

Good Luck Smiley

The Difference Between Dreams And Accomplishments Is Merely Desire
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: