pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 03:46:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-081 Exchange 5.5
| | | |-+  Completeing MCSE in NT 4.0 after DeC.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Completeing MCSE in NT 4.0 after DeC.  (Read 1226 times)
FUBAR

View Profile WWW
« on: October 30, 2000, 11:29:00 PM »

I am not sure if any of you guys are aware of this or not, or if it really makes any difference to any of you or not, as for myself it takes a little of the pressure off of me if the statement and answer are correct. I thought everything had to be done before Dec 31st this year, so I have been busting my hump to get it done. I am trying to verify this with Microsoft but with little success thus far. Anyway here is what I am rambling about.

Q. If I have all the core exams for NT 4.0 completed before December 31st 2000, may I still pursue my MCSE certification in NT 4.0 if the electives I am taking are not scheduled for retirement on or before December 31st 2000.

A. Yes, if you have completed the core requirements for NT 4.0 by December 31st 2000 you may complete your MCSE in NT 4.0 after December 31st provided the electives are not scheduled for retirement as well.

This is the link where this information was taken from. As I said it may or may not be important to you guys but it takes the pressure off me. I will let you know if I find a definite answer from a reliable source.
 http://www.microsoft.com/trainingandservices/default.asp?PageID  =mcp&PageCall=faq&SubSite=cert/mcse&AnnMenu=mcse

[This message has been edited by FUBAR (edited 10-30-2000).]

(A+, NET+, MCP, MCSE NT4.0, MCSA, MCSE W2K)
sasqautch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2000, 12:28:00 AM »

Originally posted by FUBAR:
I am not sure if any of you guys are aware of this or not, or if it really makes any difference to any of you or not, as for myself it takes a little of the pressure off of me if the statement and answer are correct. I thought everything had to be done before Dec 31st this year, so I have been busting my hump to get it done. I am trying to verify this with Microsoft but with

little success thus far. Anyway here is what I am rambling about.

Q. If I have all the core exams for NT 4.0 completed before December 31st 2000, may I still pursue my MCSE certification in NT 4.0 if the electives I am taking are not scheduled for retirement on or before December 31st 2000.

A. Yes, if you have completed the core requirements for NT 4.0 by December 31st 2000 you may complete your MCSE in NT 4.0 after December 31st provided the electives are not scheduled for retirement as well.

This is the link where this information was taken from. As I said it may or may not be important to you guys but it takes the pressure off me. I will let you know if I find a definite answer from a reliable source.
 http://www.microsoft.com/trainingandservices/default.asp?PageID   =mcp&PageCall=faq&SubSite=cert/mcse&AnnMenu=mcse

Fubar I talked to an individual at microsoft two different times with the same question and these individuals confirmed verbally (nothing written) that what you are saying is indeed true. Good News, it makes me feel even better now that I saw it in writing at the link you provided. Thanks for the good work.

------------------
MCP A+

MCP A+
FUBAR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2000, 12:31:00 AM »

I just got of the phone with Eric at Microsoft and he confirmed the above post for me, if all core exams are complete before Dec. 31st 2000 then you can still pursue the MCSE in Windows NT 4.0 if the electives you select are not retireing also. I am still working on Exchange Server 5.5 but now with the knowledge that I don't have to kill myself to get it done by December 31st of this year. So there you go............... see you guys later............

(A+, NET+, MCP, MCSE NT4.0, MCSA, MCSE W2K)
kang

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2000, 01:14:00 AM »

Hi guys,

Boy, I wish that you had asked that question a while back, Fubar, I could have put your mind at ease...I spoke with MS a few times in the past about other unrelated issues and they volunteered that info without my asking....

By the way, forgive my braindead statement below on the other thread, about your already having reached the "Elite Corps", I was obviously thinking about AnalogKid and not you, although I am sure that you wish it were you!!!(As do I)...

Anyway, keep pushing on, I hope that my state of senility and braindeath gets better before I get through the entire text!!

See ya........
seeker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2000, 01:30:00 AM »

I checked also and I posted this on brainbuzz site the same thing a couple days ago when i found out. as long as the 4 core are completed you are in good shape. you can not take any of the core after the 31st, but may indeed take any elective that is not retired and become mcse..

Seeker
kidgoofy
Cyber-Child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2000, 06:14:00 PM »

I know that this is an old topic, and I understand that you can still become an NT 4.0 MCSE, as long as the electives have not been discontinued, but can anyone answer this question.
If you have taken and passed the NET ESS, the NT core tests, and the TCP/IP elective test (to be discontinued 12-31-00), and I take and pass the Exchange test Jan-01, Will I still become a NT MCSE?

I would think that I would have to take another elective test.

Could someone please explain?
-Kidg

Kid at Heart, Goofy all around.
Varder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2000, 08:30:00 PM »

Hello Kidgoofy,

The answer to your question is, yes...The exams you referred to are being retired as of Dec 31, 2000, but not the certification.
So as long as you have passed the NT core, net essentials, TCP/IP, you can still take Exchange after Jan 1, 2001, and be certified as MCSE because Exchange 5.5 is not retiring yet...You will be given credit for the other exams because you passed them before they retired. Therefore they are still valid certifications until Dec 31, 2001....I hope that that somewhat convoluted explanation helps....

Back to studying here for my exam...
kidgoofy
Cyber-Child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2000, 09:26:00 PM »

Thank Varder for the explanation.
I was worried for a second.
I hear you, now back to studying.
Thanks again,
-Kidg

Kid at Heart, Goofy all around.
Pages: [1] Print