pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 06:14:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-081 Exchange 5.5
| | | |-+  *****DRAINED*****
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *****DRAINED*****  (Read 1145 times)
FUBAR

View Profile WWW
« on: November 17, 2000, 08:34:00 AM »

Right now I feel like every tiny little piece of my memory has been drained and removed from my brain. Took the exam today at 2:00 pm Pacfic, I drove home from the testing site and went to bed. I slept from 4:30 until 11:00 I was so keyed up and so scared of this exam it was not a pretty sight. BUT.................I PASSED WITH AN EVEN 900/1000................ It is not as bad as we have been led to believe. I read the Sybex book, every chapter, reviewed all the suggested important chapters again, did all the questions after each chapter and did them again and again. For the past 3-4 days I have taken every on-line exam I could find, and I have Exam Essentials, I didn't find them all that helpful. I also read the Troy Tech guide and Zenmaster.

The Sybex questions were the closet thing to the questions I recieved on my exam. I think the combination of all materials mentioned helped me, but the questions in the Sybex book and the on-line test helped the most. I think after a little time I could remember a few more things about the exam itself, but for now I am HUNGRY!!!!!! and I am going to take a whole week off and read nothing at all. The very best of luck to everyone that follows...............it can be done and it isn't aas bad as we thought so don't get worked up over it like I did. Talk to you guys later........PEACE........F.U.B.A.R.

(A+, NET+, MCP, MCSE NT4.0, MCSA, MCSE W2K)
kang

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2000, 09:22:00 AM »

Hey FUBAR,

Super Congratulations to you!!! That is a fantastic score for this one....I am just taking a break from studying here....

I am already drained and haven't even taken the test yet...I read the book(I guess) and have started to work on some of the study questions...But man, I really seem to be having troubles remembering the facts and details!

Did you reread completely the suggested chapters or just go over them? I would really like to take this by the end of the month, but am really scared by my apparent lack of retention on this one...Which practice tests did you use?

I wish that I could take your advice about not getting worked up about it but I am already...Anyway, after you get some sleep maybe you can shed some more advice and pearls of wisdom...Take a rest you earned it..At least you can enjoy Thanksgiving, I won't!!

Tell me one thing, after the first read of Sybex, did you feel like most of what you read was kinda lost? I mean as you read it you say to yourself ok I understand that, but then by 6-7 chapters later it gets lost in the sauce! Some of it is starting to come back as I work through some questions, but not sure if it is memory or really knowledge that is producing some of the answers...

Take a nice breather and please check in when you can to help us left on the boat!

Congrats again...Take care

P.S. Another frustrating thing is the practice tests don't really give much explanations just answers...
courvoisser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2000, 07:35:00 PM »

Fubar,

Congrats! I know you're happy it's over and i can concur with the part of being drained. I've studied my behind off. I've used Sybex,Exam Essentials, test 1 & 2 on this site,troytec and a host of others. I'm taking the test monday and i can't wait to complete it. Sit back and relax fubar. I"m Next........

courvoisser
kang

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2000, 08:56:00 PM »

Hi Courvoisser,

How's it going? I am busy studying away here..Have run through several tests doing pretty well on some but not sure if it is because I really know the stuff or just starting to recognize answers..Hopefully the former! Did you go back after the first read and do the whole book or just the suggested chapters?

Did you kinda feel as I did after reading the book that alot of the stuff just got lost in the sauce?

I am trying to decide the best strategy with limited time...Reread the chapters(very time consuming) or just keep hitting the   practice tests....By the way what do you think of Exam Essentials for this one? I have heard from several that like transcenders not the best for this one....

Anyway, I just did exam one on this site and got 29 out of 30...But as I said not sure if it is realistic....

I hope that we all have results like FUBAR!!
Any tips you can provide to economize time will be appreciated...I just feel like I understood the stuff while reading it, but it became very fuzzy after all those pages....But, I have not given up the faith! By the way, just out of curiosity, how many hours out of a day do you have the time to study? Just curious..Take care catch you later...
kingsway4us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2000, 12:30:00 AM »

Fubar, congratulations on your 900.  Well done and well deserved.  You know you feel drained and maybe you feel like you overprepared a bit, but I'm still here on the other side of the exam, and I'm here to remind you that there's no such thing as overpreparing for a cert.  (Unless you totally burn out before you test and you fail because of test anxiety.)  I'll be happy with 800.  Shoot, I'll be happy with a PASS.  

I'm still reading; I've read the whole Sybex except for 12, 13, and 17.  I'm smack in the middle of 12 right now.  I find I'm starting to cheat on some of the end of chapter quizzes, but it's only semi-cheating  :rolleyes:  For the last few chapters I've read, I read the chapter before I attempt the questions.  If I'm not sure about the answer, I mark an answer  first and then go back into the text to get the correct answer.  Most of the time, I've been right, but I find I learn more going back through the text trying to find the right answer.  Is that sick, or what?

Off to another evening of flatnosing.  Kang, good luck, I think you'll do just fine.  And Courvoisser, I can see you from here, whipping around like Taz with a jackhammer.  Go drive that cert into the ground.  And I'm right behind you the day after.

Later

------------------
Russ
A+, MCPx5

Russ
MCSE(NT,W2K), A+
courvoisser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2000, 03:59:00 AM »

Kang,

It was blurry for me at first also. The first read was kinda ok, i went thru the chapters that were recommended. I hit the chapter test in the book, then i'd go to the cd and do the same chapter test. I did that for every chapter, oh by the way the cd doesn't have explanations either, which is strange all the sybex books have explanations to the test. I found a source which hast the exlanations though. Kang also check out this link, which is very good it'll clear up what you've read from sybex. I've used this guy's tutorial for all my test, i couldn't find it for exchange until a few weeks ago.
 http://www.j51.com/%7Esshay/exchange/

Exam essentials i heard arent' good, but i tell you i've found them to be pretty good, but better than transcender by far. I think you'll be okay. It's going to look dim at first but if you apply the test, the reading which you have, the tutorial and more test it'll equal a pass( coming from a guy who hasn't taken it yet).

courvoisser

kang

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2000, 08:23:00 AM »

Hi Courvoisser,

Thanks for the progress report...Well, I assume what you are saying is that you reread only the suggested chapters then, not the entire book?

Thanks for the tutorial link, I think that it is actually for Exchange 5 but close enough I guess..Did you say you also had a source with explanations for the end of chapter questions too? Or are you just referring to the tutorial?

Well, what I have been doing is, after I read each chapter, I did the test from the book then after finishing the book what I have been doing is taking the chapter tests on the cd...By the way are the 2 extra edge tests included, extra questions beyond the chapter questions and if so, are they any good? I also have Transcender and I think version 5.1 for Exam essentials not sure but I think that is still up to date even though they have made some upgrades to their questions banks, I dont't think Exchnage was modified...However, I haven't had the time to get to either of these yet. I am not sure if I will spend too much time on them, because most people have said they are good for information, but kinda off target for the exam...I don't know, I usually like to rely on Transcenders, but this one I think might not be the best...I only have limited time and am trying to maximize my effectiveness, if that is possible....I think I will maybe hit the practice tests a little more and I guess try to go back and revisit the suggested chapters, because I really don't feel all that comfortable with my knowledge level...

Too bad we can't all get together and have a big cram session!

Today, was another partially wasted day..My car broke down this evening on the way home to eat and study...I didn't get home till close to 10pm...I will hit it a little bit but am pretty tired...It is hard to have a life and study for these tests too!

By the way, kingsway4us, thanks for the nice words, boy I hope that you are right...If I can do as well as FUBAR, I would be a very happy buckaroo...

That's about it from here, I will check in from time to time over the weekend to see how the paranoia is going...Take it easy all...
courvoisser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2000, 06:02:00 PM »

Kang,

Yeah i have something that has the explanation of answers, and they are the sybex questions. Give me your email and i'll supply to you...

courvoisser
kang

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2000, 10:19:00 PM »

Hi Courvoisser,

Thanks for the response, I am sure that right about now your are engrossed in some heavy duty studying or will be!..Yes, it would be nice to see those Sybex explanations. I would prefer not to post my e-mail though, because the last time I did that I ran into some problems...I am trying to think of a way to connect with you and give it to you..Right now my brain is too fried to think straight...Man, you think I was taking the exam Monday not you...By the way, what did you think of the Troy stuff?

Just curious, hear various reports from excellent to waste of time on the various exams...Anyway, thats the story if I think of something I will suggest it...Take care try not to stress out too much...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: