pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 06:07:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-081 Exchange 5.5
| | | |-+  New Member - Want to say hi
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Member - Want to say hi  (Read 1241 times)
Allen

View Profile WWW
« on: November 04, 2000, 04:35:00 PM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Allen, and this is my first post here.  I was passing through yesterday and I noticed a real sence of help or belonging to this group.  (wow...that sounded sappy)
anyways, I wanted to introduce myself, and say hi.
I`m live in Ontario, Canada and I have only one exam left (insert smile here)...and you guessed it....Exchange 5.5.
I wrote TCP/IP yesterday afternoon (833) and Im glad its over!
I orignally had it in my mind to take IIS, but after reading a lot of posts from here and cramsessions, I was convinced to change my decision to exchange 5.5

I was about to order the "famous" sybex 3rd edition book from chapters online, but they have a 3-5 week turnaround...(ouch!) so I ended up ordering from Amazon last night (24hrs usually).  Sooooo, in the mean time, I wanted to just say hi to everyone, and hope I can be apart of your group, that we can work together on this monster  Smiley

(sorry for the long winded story)
Allen
kingsway4us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2000, 06:11:00 AM »

Welcome, Allen.  While you're waiting for the Sybex, there's some good prep material at Microsoft's site at
 http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/en/55/help/default.asp

It's one of the ways I killed some time while I was waiting for my copy to come in.  I got my Sybex on Nov. 1st, and my eyes are crossed already from reading.  Brace yourself, it's 17 chapters, 653 pages.  THICK book.  I've read that the "must" chapters are 5, 7, 9, and 11-16, but I'm trying to read all of them (I'm in chap 6 tonight) and trying to keep the surprises to a minimum.  Gotta go read, take care.

------------------
Russ
A+, MCPx5

Russ
MCSE(NT,W2K), A+
kang

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2000, 08:14:00 PM »

Hi Allen,

Welcome to the "family"...I am sure that if nothing else you will find a very recptive group here!!!

Kingsway4us, congrats on receiving your official book...By now your biceps should be beginning to enlarge...The book as you see is very informative and full of sooo many details that it will tickle your memory cells...I haven't finished the book yet and feel like I could use a tape backup or something!!

Anyway, have fun reading, catch you all later....
courvoisser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2000, 11:15:00 PM »

Allen,

Welcome.... let anyone here know if we can be of assistance to you. I think you picked the right elective in the big scheme of things. It's a lot to know,but with $$$ results. Kang i finished my book sunday. I'm now going back over the chapters that were vague to me and also the ones that i got low scores on chapter review. I'm using the edge test cd and doing chapter test for 5,7,9,11,13,-16. I hope this method which so far seems to work for me. I got feedback from a source who took the exam about 3 weeks ago, and he indicated he followed the  method, so i figured i mirror his tactic. Fubar how's it going for you? Is anyone else seeing bright things. Kingsway4us what a book huh? dig in and come out fighting...

courvoisser
kang

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2000, 11:29:00 PM »

Hi Courvoisser,

Congratulations on finishing the book!! Well, as usual life caught up with me again towards the end of this past week and put a little dent in my reading time...I still have about 5 chapters more to "slow" read and then I can turn around and ask myself what the heck did I read?

As usual getting frustrated by all the details, but pushing on and see what happens...Man if I reread all the chapters I feel weak on, I would have to reread the entire book!!! Anyway, I will have to try and get back into a better swing this week(heaven permitting)....Let me know how you feel while rereading the "golden chapters"..If it comes together better...I need some kind of motivation!!!

Take care, catch you later...
FUBAR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2000, 06:34:00 AM »

Hello gang, well I finished reading the book at midnight Friday night, left home at 4 am Sat. morning and we drove for 6 hours North of San Diego for a Mule Deer hunting weekend.
My first hunting trip in almost a year, late Sat. evening I took a nice 5 by 5 Mule Deer buck at just under 250 yards. We got back home today Monday around 5 pm pacfic time and friends I am on cloud nine right now, I don't know if I can read anything or not right now. The exam is scheduled for the 16th so I have to change gears and get back into the right frame of mind. Welcome to the new member Allen, and Courvoisser said if you have questions ask, if we don't know we will try to find the answer, I think we have a pretty good support group here and a good bunch of fellows as well. So welcome and best of luck with your studies.

So now I am going to go to bed and try and re-gear my mind by morning and start the preparation for the exam. Talk to everyone later and good luck to all...........and as always that's My two cents worth...............

(A+, NET+, MCP, MCSE NT4.0, MCSA, MCSE W2K)
kingsway4us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2000, 02:11:00 AM »

For Kang: To quote "Another Monty Python Record" (circa 1971) from the Gumbys' rendition of "The Cherry Orchard" by Anton Chekov:

"My brain hurts!!!!"

My biceps are so large, I think I have rotator cuff damage.

To Allen and the rest: has ANYONE used anything from MCSE 2 BE? (they're at www.mcse2be.com).   I purchased their product for Exchange 5.5 ...I won't try any of them until I finish reading the Sybex.  I'll also report back to let you know how they helped (or didn't help) to prepare me for the exam.  Scheduled for 11/21...wanted it out of the way before Thanksgiving.

Until later...

------------------
Russ
A+, MCPx5

Russ
MCSE(NT,W2K), A+
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: