pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 09:47:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-081 Exchange 5.5
| | | |-+  I PASSED!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: I PASSED!!!!  (Read 2328 times)
AnalogKid

View Profile WWW
« on: October 25, 2000, 09:01:00 PM »

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

I got a 666.  This test was a bit harder since I had 4 Questions I had never seen before. One had to do with the ebd.chk.  They show you a print out of edb.chk and you have to guess which file you can delete or remove.  One of the choices was edb.log and 3 choices were something like 000009a.log. I had no friggen clue.  

I also had a Q where they show you the performance optimizer(had on both tests with different scenarios) and give you a migration scenario and you have to choose what need to be selected.  I had a F&%^ed up Q that had to do with Digital All-in-One and EX. with SMPT relay and having to reroute the messages. About 50% of the Q's were from Sybex, reworded different answers.  

Here is my break down scores:
Planning 71% (51% Last time)
Install & Config 66%(same)
Managing Resourses 66%(same)
Monitoring and Optimization 40%(same- can't friggen believe it)
Troubleshooting 83% (50%)  

Well, now I can enjoy the Pearl Jam concert I am going to tonight. Ahhh what a relief!!!

A+,N+, AND MCSE!!!!!!  :p  :p  :p  :p
Yeti-GBR1
A Complete Twit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2000, 09:15:00 PM »

Congratulations AnalogKid!!!!

Got any tip, hints or questions that may be of use to me to put up on my site for MCSE 2000 Certification?

Surf on over to http://www.mcse2000.plus.com

or email me the stuff.

Again well done. BTW whats next? SQL? or Proxy?

Yeti

PS. how do I enable the sodding HTML thing to allow me to put smiles in this reply?

------------------
Yeti-GBR1
email: Yeti@zerg.com

http://www.mcse2000.plus.com
Yes I'm a Blizzard Brood War Veteran.

Yeti the Inquisitive Cheesy

MCNE, MCSE(NT4), MCSE 2000, SCO ACE, LCP, Compaq ASE, CCNA, CCIE Wannabe (part of the Wannabe Boffin Club).

http://www.yeti-gbr1.co.uk
http://www.ciscolabs.co.uk
kang

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2000, 09:45:00 PM »

Hey AnalogKid or should I say Mr. MCSE,

Congratulations on the pass!!!!!! I am very happy for your success and getting very paranoid about mine...The more I read into the Sybex book the more I seem to forget all the details that went before!!!

I still have much to read, but the level of details on this subject is so dense that as I am sure you know can be overwhelming..

Anyway, go out and enjoy your Pearl Jam tonight, you earned it!! Catch you later...
courvoisser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2000, 12:44:00 AM »

AnalogKid,

Prime Minister MCSE!!!!! I'm happy for you man. I know you're happy. It's over and you can jam tonight at the concert and drink one for us. I hope to join you soon. Chapter 13 is interesting in this book. Kang the hunt is on dude.

courvoisser
FUBAR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2000, 03:42:00 AM »

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<YOU DAWG YOU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!  looks like rooting against you is the way to go for me. Very happy for you dude and as the others have already said have a good time and a cold one on us you deserve it.....I think Courvoisser has taken one of those Evelin Wood speed reading courses or something, or I am more dense that I thought. Just finished chapter 9 and I am considering starting over again, this stuff is not sinking in all that well the first time through....Oh well I'll keep at see you guys later.......back to the "BOOK"    phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(A+, NET+, MCP, MCSE NT4.0, MCSA, MCSE W2K)
kang

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2000, 07:53:00 PM »

Hi guys,

Well, it looks like you guys have taken an Evelyn Wood course!....I am only starting Chapter 6, I have been reading VERY slowly hoping the stuff would sink in better, but it is not!

This week has been the week from **** for me and my studying/reading time has been seriously messed up... I hope that I can play catch up, but being behind is making me more paranoid and making it even harder to concentrate.

I am really starting to get worried about this one...I wish there was a way to get all this info injected into your brain!

Anyway, I guess that I will just keep pushing onward and hope for the best(yea, right!). It would be nice if the last exam was the easiest instead of the toughest!! yeck....Oh well, I guess that I will stop grumbling and get back to work...Take care all you speed demons!!!!
AnalogKid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2000, 05:05:00 AM »

Hi guys and gals-

Thanks for all of the kind words, but Prime Minister?? LOL Now comes the hard part of finding a decent job.  Man I haven't been on an interview in 9 years.  :eek:

Keep at it Kang. Study those Sybex Q's and know them well.
courvoisser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2000, 06:38:00 PM »

AnalogKid,

I know you're excited even to be at that point of having to look for a job. Ok here's a article that really helped me out in my quest and also this site is a real good source for information, read this and i'm sure it'll give you some insite and groundwork. Good Luck man,
 http://www.swynk.com/friends/shinder/interview1.asp

courvoisser
kang

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2000, 09:07:00 PM »

Hi guys,

Glad to see that everyone is still kicking...
Still banging my head away with this stuff...Thanks for the words of encouragement there AnalogKid...I will try to know the questions very well. It would have been nice if they thought to include some explanations with the practice questions...

Anyway, I will also say welcome to Thor, even though that was on the other thread. I am sure that you will catch it here....

So Courvoisser, are you a certified Exchange expert yet?  I know one thing for sure, I am building up my biceps holding and carrying around the book....By the way, for anyone interested, I have seen several people posting in various places that they used the Second edition of the book without any problems...So, if you can get one for the right price it's ok...If not, go with the third....

Oh well, better get back to it...Take it easy if possible and remember, Trick or Treat!!!
courvoisser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2000, 10:45:00 PM »

KANG,

I know what you mean bout the book being bulky. I'm not a certified exchange expert yet, soon hopefully. I should be finish with the book this weekend, and then i'll go back over the chapters where people had said were most critical, and last hit the questions hard, and harder. I read fast and somewhat take in a lot, but this one slowed me down a little. I didn't want to just zip thru it just to finish the certification, because unlike everyone else, not only will i have to pass the Microsoft 70-081 exam, my employer will give one also!!! Yikes  I've learned so much with this book. I've used exchange(only the outlook client part) and never knew what a great product it is. I'm glad i choose this one eventhough it's harder than the rest(feedback indicates) in the long run it will pay off, have you guys & gals look in the classifieds for exchange?Huh It's on the move. I hope all is well with everyone, maybe i should give one of my books as a trick or treat item?Huh? Fubar how's your studying coming along?

courvoisser
kang

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2000, 12:43:00 AM »

Hi Courvoisser,

Well, you are lucky that you are a fast reader...I am a fairly slow reader and I find that my mind starts to wander if I push it too much....Well, just got done reading about Exchange security it's interesting but sure can get a little confusing with who has which key etc....

Every once and a while I do a little self flashback at some of the previously "read" material and sometimes I really scare myself because it feels like my mind has gone blank!!!

Wow, I feel for you, 2 exams on this one!!! I will be lucky enough just to survive this one...However, if I can ever get this stuff in my head, I can see how valuable it could be to an organization....

I just feel very uncomfortable studyiing for this one because I have to change the routine and materials that I used very successfully for all the other exams...Even the transcenders I am told are not very good for this one...Great for really learning the theory etc., but doesn't prep you all that well for exam taking....Who knows...I wish that I were a faster reader, because I would feel more comfortable rereading the entire book...If i did that, I would be taking the exam in Jan or Feb!!!(just kidding, but almost not)

Anyway, I will keep pushing on hoping to control my frustration level....

Yea, maybe I can use the book as a doorstop to keep the front door open for all the Trick or Treaters tonight!

Anyway, onward and upwards....See ya later..
FUBAR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2000, 01:20:00 AM »

Well after I found out for sure what everbody else already knew, the information in my post about MCSE after December. I have finished chapter 14 today, I too should finish sometime this weekend and go back over the chapters that have been mentioned as important ones (5,7,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,) I have all the questions printed off and placed in a 3 ring binder so I will go over and over and over them as well.

Right now I am shooting for an exam date of Nov. 16th, I have not scheduled it yet but that is the date I am sooting for. I have gained a new sence of respect for those who have already conquered this beast. It definetly does not fall into the category of light reading. But "we will overcome" I just feel better knowing that I have a little more time than I first thought I did.

Kang you will probably understand the material better than all of us, I wouldn't worry about the reading speed your probably absorbing more than you think. I still say Courvoisser had to take one of those speed reading cources somewhere along the line. I feel we are over the HUMP gentlemen so hang in and keep on keepin on and it will become a reality soon. See everyone later and best of luck as always...................

(A+, NET+, MCP, MCSE NT4.0, MCSA, MCSE W2K)
kang

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2000, 03:25:00 AM »

Hi FUBAR,

Well, you are really jammin' now Chapter 14 and hope to take the test by Nov 16...Man, it makes me feel like a remedial education candidate!!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I hope that you are right about my retention, because I have serious doubts...I am about 1/4 into Chap. 11..There are a few really big chapters in the middle of the book I noticed...This I think is one of them....At least it is interesting too....

Well, I guess that I will probably attack studying similar to you, although as I said it would be nice to read the entire book again....Hey, do they make a Cliff Notes for this book? Heh heh...

Anyway, I'll keep reading and hope for enlightenment...Hey, has anyone gotten any feedback on CTEC courses for this one?

I know expensive, but maybe useful? To at least hammer home some of the concepts...Oh well, I will keep reading and hope it comes together for now....See ya
kingsway4us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2000, 07:57:00 AM »

I say again, congrats to Analog Kid!  :cool: After reading these posts tonight, part of me wants to start cowering in fear, and the other part just keeps saying "gimme the BOOK!!"  Sybex should be in my hands tomorrow, but I've had some time on my hands the last couple of days, so I've been perusing the New Riders book.  Would you believe it only has 5 chapters?  (But there are two chapters in excess of 100 pages...!)  So far, what I've seen in the New Riders book hasn't come as much of a surprise...this is one beast where it pays to get access to a network that you can dink around with, just to see how it all works.  I'm lucky, I can do that.

Bear with me, I'm about to wax inspirational here...back when I was starting all this out (in January with some courses at the local Community College), I had an instructor who purposely made his exams tougher than the Microsoft certs.  I can remember getting a 55% on a midterm and really second-guessing myself ("Do I really want to do this?  CAN I DO THIS?"), but the conclusion I came to is that people wrote this stuff.  I'm a people too, and the stuff they write can get pretty deep...but it can only go so deep.  There's a limit, and it MUST be humanly possible to reach it.  So I made up my mind that I was going to find a way to get to the bottom of it.  I finished those classes in May, and in May, I wrote Server and Enterprise (had to do Enterprise twice, but I made it).  Since then, I've done the rest self-study, no more wash-outs (knock on my head).  

So, I'm testing for this beast on Nov. 21.  Does anyone have Evelyn Wood's phone number?  Cheesy (Sorry.  Got carried away with the smilies.)

------------------
Russ
A+, MCPx5

Russ
MCSE(NT,W2K), A+
BlueRover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2000, 03:07:00 AM »

Happy Birthday to me!  Today I passed the exchange exam.  Thank God!!!  I'll worry about 2000 next year.  The exam was rough.  If you have any questions about it, I'll try to respond to you.  Good luck with your studies.  P.S. Allot of Directory Sync questions...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: