pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 07:11:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-219
| | | |-+  any clue for 219
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: any clue for 219  (Read 3381 times)
ibs

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2003, 05:19:54 PM »

dear friends ,i have 219 exams on wednesday 30th july.plz give me a clue abt the exams and if possible tell me what u got int the paper(case studies,name of companies etc) to those who took it recently.thanks n cheers mates.Sad
BillTorture

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2003, 09:25:04 PM »

I just took 219 on Thursday.  Beware that many of the case studies have changed as of Thursday, July 24.  If you're study questions are from before 7/24, you could be hosed.

There was one called "State College" and another case study called "Baldwin Museum of Science".  The Baldwin one is a killer.  It's about a streaming media service.  There's also another new one called "Northwinds".

219 is a pain.  I've been designing Windows NT networks and servers for 10 years.  I think this design test is bad and pretty worthless.  I don't think you can't test design concepts using a multiple choice test.  They need to make this an essay test.

I'm proud to say I failed it.  Thankfully, I passed another design elective, 220, yesterday so I recertified my MCSE on 2K.
_Lo_

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2003, 10:20:14 PM »

Originally posted by BillTorture

There was one called "State College" and another case study called "Baldwin Museum of Science".  The Baldwin one is a killer.  It's about a streaming media service.  There's also another new one called "Northwinds".

219 is a pain.  I've been designing Windows NT networks and servers for 10 years.  I think this design test is bad and pretty worthless.  I don't think you can't test design concepts using a multiple choice test.  They need to make this an essay test.

I'm proud to say I failed it.  Thankfully, I passed another design elective, 220, yesterday so I recertified my MCSE on 2K.

Although I passed it tuesday, I agree with you, it's very hard to test someone on how to design. But I have to say that what I had on my exam was more on how many OU's you think you need or how to design the domain and most of the time, you can erase two answers because they don't fit in...BUT the drag&drops were really hard, and I really was thinking during the exam that I would fail because of them...

How is 220 compared to the 219? I'm passing it next week...

p.s. to all the guys that PM me, I had "Proseware", "Wingtip Toys", "Fabrikam" and another one called "Hanson Brothers", that's all I can say, the drag&drops are hard, and most of the time it's where to put PDC's, RID's, DC's, etc...read carefully and you should beat those damn drag&drops! remember, you have plenty of time!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2003, 10:37:21 PM by _Lo_ » Logged

No pain, No gain. -
Lo
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2003, 11:04:27 PM »

The exam is about the material. The material is about design concepts for Active Directory. If you can practice and deploy these concepts in a Windows 2000 environment, then you should pass this exam. The material is well represented in Chapter 9 and 10 in the Deployment Planning Guide, check it out.
Tarzanboy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2003, 11:11:50 PM »

Why does this seem like a braindump request?

What difference does it make if you got Fabrikam, Blue Sky Airlines or Contoso, unless you are looking to cheat?

Cheers,
TB
ibs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2003, 05:21:02 AM »

whats the minimum marks to pass the 219 paper?
rathore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2003, 08:15:52 AM »

Originally posted by ibs
whats the minimum marks to pass the 219 paper?

i took mine on Sept 11, 2002.. the passing marks were 613,& i passed it  Cheesy .. but remember u cant pass these exams if u only  go thru the questions provided by diff companies bcoz when u sit for exam u'll forget most of the answers :cool: .

Never wear ur best trousers when ur going out to fight for freedom & truth
_Lo_

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2003, 09:56:14 AM »

Originally posted by Tarzanboy
Why does this seem like a braindump request?

What difference does it make if you got Fabrikam, Blue Sky Airlines or Contoso, unless you are looking to cheat?

Cheers,
TB

Absolutely. I received 4 PM just after having posted that I had passed my exam...there's a lot of cheating around here. :mad:  

Anyway, I don't know how they can cheat for the 219, all the questions relies on the case...

p.s. I hate seeing people doing the MCSE in 1 month when it took 8 months for me! :mad: :mad: :mad:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2003, 09:59:53 AM by _Lo_ » Logged

No pain, No gain. -
Lo
ibs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2003, 11:24:44 AM »

similarly i am trying to become MCSe since february 2002 last year and up to now i have completed 4 papers  only namely 210,215,217,218.i failed 216 once and i havent taken it yet.
cheating is good but once u get in the real job environment, u really need the knowledge u got by studying.(braindumps wont help)
still i asked for any clue abt the paper since we r humans and a little clue before any exams is a type of comfort or confidence.this is my point of view.
_Lo_

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2003, 11:52:07 AM »

In this forum you'll find all the clues and help you want, but we don't provide cases that are in the MS exam...sorry...

Here are the clues for the exam :

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...deploy/home.asp - Chapter 9 & 10 (link by Jeff J.Black Cheesy )

In my exam, there was a lot of "How many domains (or forest or sites) should you create?", Permissions&Group Policies(Groups in Domain Local Groups), DNS design, replication and some crazy drag&drop about where to put the DC's, the Sch.Op.Master, PDC's, RID's,...

I hope this will help...

good luck!:D

No pain, No gain. -
Lo
rathore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2003, 06:24:50 PM »

i studied in MS Certified training center for 6 months & then it took me 4 more months to complete these exams, i took one extra exam 218 to become MCSA Smiley , the questions provided by diff companies will help you if u'll will study them along with MS books avail. in market. Smiley

Never wear ur best trousers when ur going out to fight for freedom & truth
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: