pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 11:19:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  IT career women
| | |-+  IT Career Women
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: IT Career Women  (Read 11137 times)
yanqui
still here...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2004, 11:57:45 AM »

Yeah, that's me!  I have a full-time job NOT in IT, I passed the A+ exams with great scores, and I'm trying now to get an IT job.  Third rule:  don't give up your day job.  SEcond rule:  Enlist your family's support.  First rule:  Remember--you can change jobs but you can't change families.  I'm 42 and a late starter in the IT industry, because I have always put my family's needs first; the roadblocks finally got moved out of the way, my husband backs me wholeheartedly, and I'm looking for a job while still excelling at the one I have.  It's not about balance, it's about priorities.  You really cannot have "it all" nor should you try to fool yourself into believing that you should have "it all."  You concentrate most on what matters most and the rest either drops in or drops out.  An IT career is no more demanding than an Accounting career or a Law career or an Business career--it's what you plan to do with it and to put into it and where you want to go with it.

Me, I like computers.  I like networks.  I like security.  But I LOVE my family, and if what I'm doing will serve my family better, I'll do it.  If not, it'll have to wait.

still here...
JoniC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2004, 05:25:02 PM »

I'm a Systems Admin at a company and I own my own small business.  And I'm a mom to an 11 year old, who put up with me when I went back to school to upgrade 4 years ago- and I was a single mom at the time (I've recently gotten married again so things are a bit smoother at home).  Just remember that IT is demanding but so is your family - and in the end, who is going to look after you in your old age Wink

Seriously - you have one family.  With the IT job market the way it is, your job might not be there next year.  But your family will be.  And kids grow up fast.  You'll spend a lot of late nights working when they are sleeping - but it's worth it to spend time with them.
ciscopagina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2004, 10:50:40 AM »

No advertising in this forum!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 04:29:44 PM by Paisleyskye » Logged

Regards, earthlings...
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: