pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 10:01:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-214
| | | |-+  Starting to Study for 70-214
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Starting to Study for 70-214  (Read 1910 times)
momcoulter

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2003, 06:21:55 PM »

I have 210,215,216,217,218 and just passed 220 today.  Hoping with alittle study it will not be to bad.  I have MS 70-214 seft study book as always and lab setup.  I also work in a native windows 2000/2003 envirorment. wanted to know how hard compared to 216?  Which i thought cover the largest amount of material on one test. I also like to read as many source as time will allow. Please make recomendation.

Thank you any and all sugestions.
oddduck

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 12:17:01 PM »

Considering your background with 220, this exam shouldn't be to hard at all.  This is no comparison with 216 at all.  I would put it in lines with most elective exams.  The only things I wasn't horribly familiar with before I started to study was qchain.  

Go over all the stuff you learned in 217 (at least the stuff related to security).  Like GPO's, Aduiting, Security Templates were really highly emphasized.  There was not as much on CA's as I expected. I think I had a couple of questions on RRAS/VPN and like supporting downlevel clients using the most secure method etc.  

I might have had one or 2 questions on IPSEC, and it/they were all pretty simple using the default templates.  I had a few questions on qchain/mbsa/all those hotfix tools and I think even one on the driver signing tool (sigverif).  If there was one area I would go over more, it would be all these security/hotfix tools.  Make sure you know when to use them and in what order, not just what they do.

I had this one common sense question which sent me for a loop.  I don't think you can really prepare for it/them if they happen.  Neither of the books I read really prepared me for it, or if they did, I don't remember it (I only remember because I wrote this like a week ago and I went back and looked at the question like 5 times before I could make up my mind.

This is all I can remember, I just woke up.  So goodluck Smiley
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 01:39:28 PM »

Oddduck is right, having 220, 216 and 217 behind you will be most of the help you need. Note that there are MBSA, HFNETCHK, SUS and Wireless topics in the exam description as well. Just brush up on the security aspects of 216 (Authentication, ecryption, PPTP, L2TP, IPSEC, Certificates.), 217 (Group Policy, Security Groups, Security Templates, Kerberos.), 220 is essentially the design roll-up of these topics, so that has solidified your background. Best of luck!!!
momcoulter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 03:42:44 PM »

I am responsible for AD GPO and Software deployment. OS and Programs, so i use this a work quit offen.  We have RRAS and VPN servers running.  I have looked closely at the servers but did not orgininaly set them up.  I have to take control over them in a couple of weeks. I have been reading up on ISA sence that is want we use to mange policy for our RAIDUS clients. Seem pretty straight forword and works like a charm. Right now we have a single server with 3 network card creating our screened subnet but that will be change we purchased 6 new Dell servers and i will be using on of the old compaq server to creat a secound file wall.  That is my job next week writing a plan to implement.  We have a privite intranet and we have 128 public address to use.  I have not decide how i am going to set up the DMZ Pub/private. I have not had time to concider where i want to place NAT first thaught is external firewall. But i need to think hard to see if there is any reason this would not work of our invirerment. Thank for all the feed back on 70-214. I will as alway read re-read, play on home lab. Look at our setup at work and cross my fingers that i agree with MS.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2003, 03:47:34 PM by momcoulter » Logged
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2003, 03:57:47 PM »

You are on it!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: