pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 09:58:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-219
| | | |-+  Transcenders vs. Test King?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Transcenders vs. Test King?  (Read 19237 times)
nightstalker

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2003, 12:58:48 PM »

Jeff....

?5 says he just got the paper Cheesy
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2003, 02:31:14 PM »

I guess it is just a matter of what you want to focus on. For me passing is a given if you focus on the material. For some, hopefully not many, the focus is on passing.

While I studied for 219, I never crossed paths with any information about the actual cases, because I was reading Chapters 9-10 of the Deployment Planning Guide and building forests and domains in the lab.

I used trial downloads for Transcender, Techskills and Examsimulator for practice. Between these three titles, the cases they portrayed were pretty close to the real exam with the questions taking a slightly different tack than the real exam. But I don't think you have to reduce yourself to actually reading the stolen content from the actual exam, to pass.

&5, that's about $10 bucks to me huh?
hilltops

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2003, 06:00:09 AM »

"?5 says he just got the paper"

The point I was making was after sitting (and passing)the 240, (if you know what that was), The simplicity of passing the 219 was like shooting fish in a barrel. I felt the exam was a devalued due to the fact there was only 6 case studies (at the time). Hence the reason I am inquiring if it has changed. I simply wanted to know if MS are still trying to get as meny people to pass as possible.
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2003, 10:39:43 AM »

If people don't violate the NDA and discuss and distribute the contents of the exam, then the depth of the question pool is not the issue. Unfortunately, in this world, that is not the case. I grow weary of being held to the standard of the lowest common denominator.

I studied, I worked, I did not cheat, I enjoyed 219. It did not matter to me how many questions were in the pool.
nightstalker

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2003, 10:47:31 AM »

somewhere about $8ish... I always get confused by foreign money
hilltops

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2003, 11:43:07 AM »

Sticks and stones, I passed the 240, nuff said. Again the point is (as you seem to miss it compleatly) unless the pool changes frequently and is large enough the MCSE is worthless. In my orginisation we put the trainees on it prior to letting them loose in the real world. We use it as background. As anyone who has been in this buisness knows MS products don't do exactly what it said on the tin!
" Unfortunately, in this world, that is not the case."
"I studied, I worked, I did not cheat, I enjoyed 219. It did not matter to me how many questions were in the pool."

as I have said unless the pool changes frequently your 219 is as worthless as the rest
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2003, 01:10:33 PM »

I have passed beta exams for 214, 290, 291. I have also taken the 297 beta, which I feel confident to have passed. There are no study books for these, no dumps, no time for participants to discuss content in violation of the NDA. 85 to 90 question exams that legitemately take up the scheduled 3 plus hours to complete. I'm not just shooting s h i t when I discuss exam related issues.

Legitemate participation in the exam process does not make the process worthless. Cheating does.

if you just want the paper get TestKing.

as I have said unless the pool changes frequently your 219 is as worthless as the rest

Let me see if I understand what you are saying: Cheating is okay because cheating has made the certification process worthless anyway.

I find it objectionable that you could dismiss any of my endeavors as worthless. I have gained value from them and have been able to apply this experience in my career. At this point, I'm happy to say our values are just on differing ends of the spectrum and leave it at that. Good day
seastwood

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2003, 10:41:58 PM »

Good to see a decent post rather than the usual "I Passed" followed by 20 posts saying "Well done"
hilltops

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2003, 06:06:10 AM »

dont get me wrong, well done good for you, I'm sure you are very proud, a fine achevement, BUT
I am a recruitment selector, I see 100s of people with the MCSE.If I had to cut down 180 applicants with similar experience I tend to pick them if they have it on NT4. If applicants only have it on 2000 I then look to there electives non 2000 prefered i.e. SQL7 or SMS. Then I try to work out if there references are lies or genuine.
The reason?
Simple, so meny people have the paper because it is so easy to get NT4 was harder. personaly I feel Testking and the like should be banned as comercial products. But they are not. So the only way round it is to change the pool. MS makes a mint out of these exams, it should protect its investment and yours! Other wise the MCSE is only of benifit for personal gratification not professional gain.
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2003, 11:08:02 AM »

It seems you only took two tests to get your MCSE 2000. I don't consider that you have enough experience to speak on the difficulty of obtaining an MCSE 2000.

It has been gratifying to not only keep my job when others lost, but make top increases that were far above the standard.

17 years on my first job, everything from customer service, production and general manager with 60+ employees. 5 years on my second job, general manager, taking a floundering business through three years of double digit growth in sales, along with record profits. Changed careers at the age of 38 and now have 5 years of experience in IT with ever increasing accomplishments and responsibilities.

If you discard my resume because it only says MCSE 2000, CCNA, MCSA 2003 (Sorry, no NT 4.0 MCSE) you would miss out on the fact that I basically have succeeded at everthing I ever set out to do and am liked and respected by my clients, peers and superiors.

I do things because of my integrity, not my pride.

Best be more careful at your job.
nightstalker

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2003, 11:59:19 AM »

Originally posted by hilltops
However if you just want the paper get TestKing.

Originally posted by hilltops
personaly I feel Testking and the like should be banned as comercial products. But they are not.

:confused: What message are you trying to give here hilltops?

One minute you say 'get the paper at testking' Next you say testking should be banned

You're either a hypocrite or your logic is severely screwed.
hilltops

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2003, 12:19:36 PM »

firstly to Mr Nightstalker

I personaly feel the Testking and the like should be banned. Simple OK?

They are not (fact)
so if you want to have a bit of paper that gives you an MCSE, sod it get Testking and with one days memorising you will pass.

This raises a problem. So many people do this the MCSE is about as usefull as an HND done by continual assessment. (in the UK colleges are under so much pressure to get passes every body pases and it undervalues the certificate to the point it is worthless)

Most people are in agreement with this. So how do you measure peoples ability. I personaly feel punting out exams with a possible 60 questions is not the answer. I also feel the case studie concept was nice idea but not for the whole exam.

The problem is that the exame must be dificult AND some people must fail it. If everybody passes it it is worthless.

PS Mr Black, I did 4.
AD, and networking (i figured thats where the big changes were so I used them as practice for the 240) incadentaly no questions from the two singles came up on my 240 exam.

As for pride and integrity as long as I can look in the mirror every morning and sleep like a log at night I dont care.
curiousgeorge
learn through asking

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2003, 04:52:04 PM »

I look at a certification the same as a degree- it's nice to put on your resume, but it doesn't prove anything.

I have two degrees, seven certs and five years of IT experience. I really don't care about paper MCSE's because I'm not one. If someone cheats on an exam to get certified, that just means they are absolutely clueless. And that will definately come out in an interview.

I've seen a lot of absolute idiots graduate college, but that doesn't make me feel like my degree is worthless. And paper MCSE's don't make me feel like my MCSE is worthless either.

Ignorance is opaque. People will see it a mile away. So don't worry about the cheaters. They have their own problems to deal with.

MCSA Charter Member
MCSE Early Achiever
Server+
Dell certified
HP certified
hilltops

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2003, 06:18:46 AM »

" If someone cheats on an exam to get certified, that just means they are absolutely clueless. And that will definately come out in an interview."

Remember a lot of managers fall into this catagory. I have personaly witnessed some unbeleivable appointments!
nightstalker

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2003, 08:13:57 AM »

Point one, hilltops, I'm Female.:p

Point two, You were the one posted those comments... and the way you posted them led to you being misinterpreted as recommending testking

YOU DID NOT MAKE YOURSELF CLEAR.

Point three, I don't just want a peice of paper and I don't just want to pass the exam. I want to know exactly what I'm on about when i walk into that interview.

I don't want to be the one who walks into an interview and, say when the interviewer asks "Why would you use a RFC 1542-compatible router in our network when there are ones that fit more snuggly into our budget" I'm not sitting there scratching my head and saying because i can...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: